Search for content in message boards

Matthew W. Beck

Matthew W. Beck

Posted: 15 Apr 2002 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Nov 2002 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: Beck,Midkiff,Draper,McPherren,Smith
My Great Great Grandfather was Matthew W. Beck.What I know of him is he was born about 1825 in Georgia.He was married to Mary Sanders.She was born about 1825 in Georgia.They had 10 children.Beckville,Texas was named after him.Does anyone have any information they could share with me.

Re: Matthew W. Beck

Posted: 17 Mar 2008 2:42AM GMT
Mathew Beck was my great great grandfather. I have within the past week found out who his mother and father were, but other than the names,I have no info. I do have the names and birthdates or at least birth years of his 10 children. I have been to Beckville, Texas, and found out that he left there, but no one seems to know where he went. Also, found out that all the Becks currently in that area are black. According to the public records there, Mathew did have several black families who worked for him and who took his name. Be glad to share all I know.

Allison Berry Beck was my dad.

Matthew W. Beck
Green Berry (G.B.)Beck
Andrew Lee Beck
Allison Berry Beck

Thanks to my sister, we have quite a bit of information on the Beck family.

What is your name? and which line did you come through? Where do you live? etc. etc.

Would love to hear from you.

Pat White
Matthew W. Beck

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 11:21PM GMT
My Relatives Lived close by and they were not black
and they were also Beck's

Thank you very much!

From a Beck

Posted: 28 Oct 2010 7:14PM GMT
Surnames: Beck Rhodes
Pat,

We're half relations my family are Rhodes from Molly Moseley's second husband Willis Rhodes (Molly was the mother of Matthew W. Beck). I'm Molly's 3GGrandson. I had never been able to pin down the name of Matthew's father but would love to know it. You may contact me directly at LeightonTu at verizon dot net.

Leighton Turner

Posted: 19 Nov 2011 11:22AM GMT
Surnames: beck smith
Hello, I would like to know the name of matthew becks parents. This is my husbands line through Melissa Beck/Leonard Smith.

thanks!

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 6:43AM GMT
Only know that his mother's name was Mollie Morely. I have searched and searched for his father's name, but haven't been able to locate any info or anyone who had that info. I did find out her second husband was Willis Rhodes, and have been in contact with them. Hope this clears up a little for your husband. Who does Melissa Beck belong to? The name is familiar and I'm sure I have it in my geneology base; however, I do not have that at my disposal at this point in time.

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 11:20AM GMT
I don't have my info in front of me right now, but I believe Malisa or Melissa was Matthew's daughter. She married a Leonard Smith and they had several children. Their son William O. Smith was my husband's great grandfather. One of the daughters married a Keener. They seemed to have moved to Oklahoma from Texas, or perhaps back and forth as I think William O. died in Texas. I have been trying to chip away at my brick walls lately. Finding Leonard Smiths parents is not easy. They kept the name Leonard in the family, though. With William O. naming his son Leonard and then he named a son Leonard and then my husband has a cousin Leonard (Lenny)! Thanks for replying

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 9:28AM GMT
Surnames: Beck, Sanders, Smith
Hi! My husband is descended from these Becks. Not sure if I have a lot of information, still trying to find Matthew's father. Matthew and Mary had a daughter Melissa (sometimes Malisa or Melissa) and she married about 1869 to Leonard Smith. Their son William O. Smith was my husband's great grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions