Search for content in message boards

Lord Bishops and London Districts

Lord Bishops and London Districts

Posted: 24 May 2013 8:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Seems like a nice little project, relatively easy to key but a couple of questions.

Firstly, as an example I have someone listed as shown in the attachment below. I am guessing it means his name is Edmund Arbuthnot Knox and he is/was Lord Bp of Coventry. Do I ignore the Lord Bishop or add this to the prefix or suffix. Also is his surname Coventry or Knox.

Secondly, I have several listings with just N.W., E. or S.W., seeming to be districts of London. Some have associated locations such as Knightsbridge but some just the church name then E. or N.W. etc. I have used the borough where listed but am I right in assuming that if just a postal district such as E. is given the location should be left blank?

Thanks

Tim
Attachments:

Re: Lord Bishops and London Districts

Posted: 24 May 2013 10:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Yes, his name is Edmund Arbuthnot Knox, so his surname is Knox, and he is Lord Bishop of Coventry. His prefix is Rt Rev. I would ignore the Lord Bishop of Coventry part.

I have been keying the London districts such as E, SW etc. since we have not been told not to key them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions