Search for content in message boards

Watts and Thomas families of Searcy Co. Ar.

Watts and Thomas families of Searcy Co. Ar.

Louise Hopkins (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2004 5:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Watts, Thomas, Duck and Loyd
I am trying to find any possible info on Sarah Catherine Thomas who married John Robert Watts of Searcy Co. Ar. I have her parents names but that is all that I have been able to find on her family.
I am helping one of my Granddaughters work on her family history.
We have John Robert's parents as Asa and Elizabeth Duck Watts. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Louise

Re: Watts and Thomas families of Searcy Co. Ar.

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 4:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
You did not state who the parents of Sarah Thomas was in your query. However this may be the family found 1870 in Wiley Cove, Searcy County.

Martha Hollabaugh, 49, born in TN
Hetta Thomas, 27, AR
Sarah C Thomas, 8, AR
Belan H Thomas, male, 7, AR
Martha A Thomas, 2, TX

1860 - there is one Thomas head of household who's wife was listed as Hannah in Searcy County.

1850 Wiley's Cove, Searcy County
M432-30, pg 182
George Hollybaugh, 36, NC
Martha Hollybaugh, 31, TN[nee DePriest]
Mary C Hollybaugh, 13, TN
John A Hollybaugh, 12, TN
Emanuel F Hollybaugh, 9, TN
Hethaline J Hollybaugh, 7, AR
Thomas W Hollybaugh, 1, AR

Anthony Rockefeller has posted information in the WorldTrees regarding the George Hollybaugh/Hollabaugh family who appears to be descended from Mary Hollybaugh who he states died in 1910 and is buried in the Watt's Cemetery in Leslie, Arkansas.

Several listings regarding Asa Watts family also in the WorldTrees. Asa appears to be the son of John Watts, born about 1799 in VA and Janice Rebecca "Jencie" Smith, born in TN.

Elizabeth Duck appears to be the daughter of Robert Duck born about 1781 in NC and Margaret McClure, born about 1791 in North Carolina.

I hope your grand daughter is enjoying her family history project.

1900 Spring Township, Searcy Co, AR
John R Watts, b.4/1857, married 22 yrs, AR TN GA, farmer.
Sarah C Watts, b.3/1861, 9 children born and living, AR AR AR
McClure J Watts, daughter, 1/1881; Arthur F, 2/1883; James O, 7/1885; Onie E, 10/1887; Ferdinand H, 9/1889; Ura C, 11/1891; Rufus E, 7/1895; Hetty A, 3/1897 [must have been named after her grandmother]; Bunion L, 3/1899.

I am not related to these families.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions