Search for content in message boards

FRIEDLY of Franklin Co. PA

FRIEDLY of Franklin Co. PA

Posted: 1 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2003 10:57PM GMT
Surnames: FRIEDLY, STEPHENS, BAKER, HOLSINGER, BOSTETER
I recently discovered in my notes a four page FRIEDLY genealogy written by Ralph Andrew FRIDLEY, Sr. in 1931. It begins with Andrew FRIEDLY Sr. b. Oct. 9, 1731 near Leipzig, Ger., died Nov. 23, 1786 Washington Twp. Franklin Co., he married Rosannah Stephens at Frederick, MD ca. 1760. Five children are listed; Andrew, Jr.; Mary, married John BAKER; John; Rosannah, married George HOLSINGER; and Ulrich. Can anyone tie this into their line? Richard Osburn of Brunswick, GA.

Friedly of PA

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2003 10:57PM GMT
Surnames: Friedly, Long, Holsinger, Baker
Jo, I really wasn't looking for info; I don't think this is my line. I thought someone might be interested. This genealogy can be seen at my link below.

Richard

Holsinger and Friedly

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2002 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: Holsinger, Yeakel, Mack, Long, Paul, Replogle, Wood, Mitchel, Little
Richard, I can tie you into the Holsinger line through the HOLSINGER FAMILY HISTORY written by Paul G. Holsinger. On pp 15-16 it lists the 9 children of Jacob HOLSINGER and Susanna YEAKEL (JACKEL) HOLSINGER, beginning with George:

"GEORGE HOLSINGER, b. Mar. 2, 1762 near Waynesboro, Pa., Farmer, d. Apr. 3, 1813 in Bedford Co.; m(1) 1786 to Rosanna FRIEDLY, an aunt of Andrew BAKER who married Nancy HOLSINGER, d 1800, moved from Franklin Co. to Bedford Co. in 1796 and settled near Bakers Summit, 5 ch; m(2) in 1803 to Elizabeth REICHARD, b 1760 in Washington Co., Md., d 1808, 4 ch.

"Census of 1790, page 119 - George Holsinger, Franklin Co., Pa. - 1 male over 16, 1 male under 16 and 2 females. - himself; John F.; his wife and daughter Susan."

The book goes on to give the names, birth and death dates and marriages of the nine children, and the descendants of most of them, as well as two generations of George's Holsinger ancestry. There is nothing about Rosanna's ancestry, though. What kind of information are you looking for?

Jo Holsinger
Purcellville, VA
jholsingr@aol.com

Re: FRIEDLY of Franklin Co. PA

Posted: 16 Jul 2001 1:24AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2003 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Friedli, Fridley, Friedly
I am in need of berth or other records of Andrew Friedly Sr. b.oct. 9 1731 to know if he came from Germany and, or Switzerland. Did Andrew marry Anna Schneeberger in Leiniswil, Bern, Switzerland on February 16, 1749, and have a daughter Barbara that died very young in Switzerland?

Posted: 2 Dec 2001 7:53PM GMT
Edited: 26 Dec 2003 3:52PM GMT
Richard, My Grandfather was Ralph Andrew Fridley, SR. who wrote the genealogy letter in 1931. I have spoken with you on the phone about the info my Grandfather wrote...Remember that I mentioned that I have an Uncle Ralph Andrew Fridley, JR. who had married a Mexican lady from TeJuanna. You mentioned you had other info you were going to send to me through snail mail. Please, let me if I need to send a money order to you for the info on the Friedlys/Fridleys. My address is 231 E. Berkeley Street, Springfield, MO 65807

Re: Friedly of PA

Nelson Freidly (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 4:08PM GMT
I am trying to research my great-grandfather, John Freidly (Friedly) who came from Bern, Switzerland in the mid 1800's. He married Susan Kline Otstot about 1877 and they lived in Lancaster, PA. They had five children - the youngest, Emma, is still living in Lancaster (now about 97 yrs. old). I'm having considerable trouble determining who my great, great grandfather is -- i.e. John Freidly/Friedly's father who I'm reasonably sure lived in Bern. I will be most happy to get any information that could help me. Many thanks, Nelson Freidly.

Wm Coffman (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2002 10:08PM GMT
Surnames: Friedly, Long, Stephens, Zug
Clair,
I, too, am a descendant of pioneer ancestor Andrew Friedly Sr (1731-1786) born Leipzig Germany, thru son John b 1757 (married to Susan ____), whose dau Catherine (1790-1879) married Jacob LONG (1784-1867) in Washington Co MD and moved in 1840s to Ogle Co ILL.
I am seeking leads to this Jacob Long's history that started with Isaac Long ( -1837) who married Elizabeth ZUG in Lancaster PA and were in Washington Co MD in 1787.
If you have anything on this related LONG family, or have learned the family name of John Friedly's wife SUSAN, or anything on the family of Andrew's wife Rosannah STEPHENS, I would enjoy discussing/sharing.
I have nothing more Friedly. Thanks. Bill

McManigal

Tom Bade (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2003 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: McManigal
Just wonder if you have run across a James H. McManigal who was born about 1860 in PA? According to the 1900, census his parents were also born in PA. He went west and lived in Missouri for that census. A local newspaper said he was born and raised in the Philadelphia area.

Posted: 28 Jul 2004 1:27PM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2004 11:57AM GMT
Clair,

Permit me to clarify a few things here.

Your Uncle Ralph Andreas von Friedly (that's how it's listed on my birth certificate) is my father. His first wife Elnora Virginia (Limerick) passed away April 15th 1997

Ralph Andreas von Friedly Jr. (Pud, as he was known) my older brother, and their only natural child, passed away Feb 20 1981.

My father did marry a Mexican woman and it is my understanding they produced a son and they currently live in Rosarito, Mexico.

I am trying to get my bearings on the family tree so any information you may have I'd greatly appreciate it.

De

Posted: 25 Aug 2006 12:13PM GMT
Clair: I am trying to get a copy of the Friedly genealogy , which I remember reading as a child at my aunt's house. Can you help? Please email me at katfried@aol.com. Thanks so much -- these people are hard to trace with so many different spellings. Kathie Friedley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions