Search for content in message boards

PARKS

PARKS

Jim Parks (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am assembling genealogy information about the various Parks families in Talladega County and how they are related.

Re: PARKS

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 10:36AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2005 11:25PM GMT
Jim, I found your posting in the Talladega Co., Alabama queries page. I need a little info on the Parks family in Talladega Co. Do you have any info on a MARY PARKS from the Childersburg, area? I think she was Mary Brown Yarbrough and that she married someone named Parks in 1870-1873. He apparently died by 1880, as she is living with daughter and son-in-law.
Any info you could give on Mary and her husband would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan Conner fdconner@webtv.net

Re: PARKS

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2005 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Allison, Smith Park, Parks, McCracken, Hartfiel, Ferg, Stossel
I have a great uncle James Parks that lived in the Johnstown, PA area. Which Talledega county are you referring to in your post?

James Park was last living in Seward, Pa and probably has passed away by now. My father is 80 so his uncle would be 100 or more years!

I don't have a middle name or initial.
Thanks,
Posted: 21 May 2005 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: Parks
My Parks' who traveled from Northern Georgia, moved to Talledaga County, Alabama in the late 1850's.
The head of family was William Parks who was born abt 1826 in S.C. His wife was Sarah Haynes Parks, born in GA.
The children were Mary, Zachariah, Sarah, Lavinia, James and Martha. All the children except Martha were born in GA. Martha was born in Alabama.
They were in Talladega County in 1860. In the next few years, I believe they moved to Clay County. William Parks served in the Confederate Army, 14th infantry, Company H which was base out of Tallapoosa County.
In his army papers, it does state that he lived in Hackneyville and joined in Pinkneyville (or visa versa).
Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Veronica
Posted: 14 Aug 2009 7:00PM GMT
Talledega County, Alabama being not far removed from Tallapoosa County, Alabama, I wonder if you have information on the Parks family from there? My great-grandfather, Andrew Jackson Parks, migrated there in the mid-1800's and produced quite a few Parkses. I have a good deal of information on that family if you are interested and would like to know if you have any information beyond Andrew. Have not been able to find who his parents were.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions