Search for content in message boards

Hall Family

Hall Family

Posted: 2 Apr 2004 11:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2004 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: HALL
I'm looking for information on George and Lucinda Hall who migrated from Monroe CO OH to Sylvan, Richland, Wisconsin in the late 1880's or early 1890's. George and Lucinda probably came to Sylvan because his brother, Calvin, came to Sylvan in the late 1860's. I found Lucinda living with their son Ezekiel and his wife Mary on the 1900 census of Sylvan. She is a widow. I find Calvin and his family buried in the Sylvan cemetery, but don't see George or Lucinda buried there. I would like to correspond with any descendants of these people. I have alot of information on the Hall family I would like to share.

Re: Hall Family

B. Warren (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2004 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: Hall
Saw your post, am not related, assume you have all this, in case not here it is

Hall, George 1892-02-15 death dates
Hall, Lucinda 1908-03-05

Sylvan Township 1884
Calvin Hall was born in Monroe Co., Ohio, in 1842, where he lived until 1866. In that year he came to Sylvan and purchased eighty acres of land, in section 16, where he now lives. He has purchased more land, and his farm now contains 160 acres. He was married in 1865 to Mary E Barrett, who was born in Monroe Co., Ohio. They are the parents of six children --- Albert F, Adelbert A, James S, Emma M, Flora M and William O. Mr. Hall enlisted in 1861 in the 36th Ohio regiment, and was discharged in 1865. He was taken prisoner at the battle of Curn's Town, W. Va., enduring the terrible hardships of rebel prison life for eight long months. Mr. Hall is the present town treasurer.

1880 Census Place: Washington, Monroe, Ohio
Source: FHL Film 1255050 National Archives Film T9-1050 Page 646B
Relation Sex Marr Race Age Birthplace
George HALL Self M M W 47 OH
Occ: Farmer Fa: VA Mo: OH
Lucinda HALL Wife F M W 50 OH
Occ: Keeping House Fa: PA Mo: PA
Ezekiel HALL Son M S W 11 OH
Occ: Works On Farm Fa: OH Mo: OH

Posted: 8 Apr 2004 9:06PM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2004 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: HALL, BLAIR, GRAY
Thanks so much for your reply. I've not found George or Lucinda in the Sylvan Cemetery, Calvin and his family are buried there, so I'm still looking for where Lucinda and George are buried.

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 8:17AM GMT
Hello, I am descended from Calvin Hall and have recently been digging into things. If I should come up with something on George and Lucinda I will attempt to get it to you.

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 11:06AM GMT
I am a descendant of Simon Hall a younger brother of Calvin. I have considerable information on this family. They made the ultimate sacrifice during the Civil War: Jesse Hall was killed at Antietam, Jacob Hall died in Libbey Prison, and Isaac Hall died in Nashville TN, I believe Calvin was a POW as was my great great grandfather, Simon. Send me your e-mail address and I will send you a report from my database.

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 5:10PM GMT
Thanks for the response.

Fascinating.

I'm very interested in anything you have on Calvin and his siblings. And especially if you have anything to confirm which prison(s) Calvin was in. Calvin was in the 36th Ohio Company E. Which unit was Simon in? Also, do you happen to have info re Isaac's Civil War service and how he died.?

Thanks in advance for anything you can provide.

e-mail bill.hall.44@gmail.com

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 12:21AM GMT
These are buried in Richland Center. George W. Maybe could be your George, but no Lucinda.

HALL, George 1846 1892 Viola,,

HALL, George W. 1908 1994 RCtr

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 12:23AM GMT
Sorry ,my error, first George is buried in Viola cemetary. No Lucinda.

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 2:23AM GMT
Thanks for getting in touch. Yes, I'm interested to know more about Calvin Hall (my great grnadfather) and his time as a POW. I think it is remarkable that your great grandfather Simon was also a POW. The five Hall boys who went off to war had a pretty tough time of it!

My e-mail address is imnahall@earthlink.net

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bill Hall
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions