Search for content in message boards

Publications by Beatrice West Seitz

Publications by Beatrice West Seitz

Marty Clark (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: West, Lake, Barker
I am interested in obtaining publications written by Beatrice West Seitz, titled "Index to History of Walworth County, Wisconsin" and "West-Barker-Hodges: New York to Wisconsin 1836-1847". If anyone has information on how to obtain these, please contact me. Thanks.

Re: Publications by Beatrice West Seitz

Gary Edgar (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2002 7:16AM GMT
If you are still looking for those books there is a chance that I might be able to help you.Beatrice is now deceased and I beleive that Merle is too.
Gary Edgar
803 East 4th Ave.
Brodhead,WI 53520
e-mail:kjblackburn@wekz.net

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 7:55AM GMT

I have provided Marty Clark with a copy of West,Barker,Hodges when I visited her last year,but this year I will be going through Wisconsin on my way to visit my cousin in Memphis.I am hoping that you might have contact with family of Beatrice and Merle Seitz,since I am hoping to meet them to see Beatrice's records.I am a great grandson of Adelbert West via his daughter,Helen West.I also have the West family history online as well at this link:

http://star.walagata.com/w/destor/West_Barker_Hodges_600dpi....

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 9:44AM GMT
For some reason this didn't come to my
e-mail but I happened to be looking for
some other information from this board.
Merle and Beatrice are both deceased. I
think that I have their obituaries. Tim
Barker of Janesville I think still hosts
a Barker reunion but it's dieing out now.
I have copies + originals of Barker picts
not in the book + have copies of pictures
taken at past and recent reunions + updates
on Barker families. I finally did get West
information from another source but not
very much. I dodn't know what would have
happened to Beatrice's records.
Gary Edgar Brodhead, WI

Obituary of Beatrice West Seitz

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 11:05AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Attached is her obituary
Attachments:

Re: Obituary of Beatrice West Seitz

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 12:56AM GMT
I have noticed that your e-mail may be expired since I am unable to send,but I would like to contact you by phone and we can exchange #'s at my reg e-mail wzacharuk@shaw.ca.You can find me in West/Barker/Hodges on page 105,the son of descendant #549.

Posted: 11 Oct 2007 3:49AM GMT
Just so you know, Merle Seitz died April 9, 2002. Bea and Merle were both very nice people!

And thanks for posting the link for the West-Barker-Hodges pdf. I'm very glad to have gotten it!

Hello to one of the Canadian branch from one of the Wisconsin branch.

Posted: 13 Oct 2007 1:09AM GMT
You are welcome,I only just found out that copies were limited to around 200 copies.I visited Beatrice's daughter,Karen McMinn,this summer during my journey to Tenn. to visit my cousin.I spent about 5 days in Janesville,and Karen even gave me Beatrice's copy to peruse,and it has been helpful for researching a part of my family I knew very little about,and it has raised some new questions.How would we be related,if you feel like sharing the information.You can contact it my private e-mail if you can reveal it.

Posted: 13 Oct 2007 3:16AM GMT
I'm a great-grandaughter of Adelbert's sister Annie.

Posted: 13 Oct 2007 4:11AM GMT
Do you attend the thanksgiving get-together in LaGrange,I did visit the family graves at round prairie this year and it led to contact with close cousin Nancy and the original farm after visiting roadside vegetable market :).She had to get some sweet corn :).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic