Search for content in message boards

hoskins tree

hoskins tree

Posted: 11 Apr 2000 3:09PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2001 1:44AM GMT
To all of you hoskins..I have traced my tree back to 1640 out of London, they settled in Virginia. I will share info with you. I have lots of names. Bill Hoskins in Baytown Texas

Charles William (William M) Hoskins

Oather L Hoskins Jr (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2000 6:04AM GMT
I am trying to find information on parents, brothers or sisters of my grandfather Charles William Hoskins. He was born Charles William but went by William M. I think he was born in AR, or MO. abt10 Sep 1880. He died 23 Jun 1966 in Monroe LA. He married Francis Mabel Baker in Sabula, Iron County MO in 1902.

We know he worked in Trout, LA in a saw mill.
We assume he may have worked in a mill in MO. We do not know that for sure.

The family moved to Trout LA in 1912 and later to Monroe, Ouachita Parish, LA. He had three children, Oather L Sr., Edgar Lyal, and Virginia.

His father may have been a rail road employee. His father who I have no information on may have moved to LA with the rail road.

Oather Sr. ,a son, was born in Bunker MO 21 Apr 1906. Edgar Lyal was born 29 Apr 1911 in MO.

He had a brother who I only know as Alf. I do not know any more about him other than he visited my grandfather in Monroe, LA. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Oather L. Jr.

HOSKINS OF LONDON TO VIRGINIA

MARY CATHERINE (HOSKINS) CADENA (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2000 2:20PM GMT
Hi Bill of Baytown, tx.
If your family is out of London, than you and
I have something to pass back and forth.
e-mail me at nanamary@bellsouth.net.
I'm very interested in sharing my family info
with you. I'm also interested in what your
info. may entail. My family goes back much
farther than what you have uncovered. Be
glad to assist you in anyway I can.
My father is from Summerfield, Guilford Co.,
North Carolina. Summerfield used to be known
as Bruces Cross Roads, back during the over-
land express days.
Some of my fathers family is also from
Virginia.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Mary C. (Hoskins) Cadena

Hoskins of Ohio,Va

virginia hoskins (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2000 5:41PM GMT
Dear Bill-
So hope you are going to be the answer to the Hoskins Mystery, due to the male Hoskins early deaths, torn apart families, my father-in-law, Frank Hoskins knew a little, have traced them back to Pickaway Co.,Ohio ca 1820, the further east I go the more Hoskins there are, so have not been able to locate local Perry Sr was born, believe it was Va, as there are Birds in the family name, the farther I go back and have traced one to Charlotteville,Va. There are over 300 of us just from Frank'a marriage here in northern Missouri. How can I get the family tree that you have? Would appreciate hearing from you. V Hoskins

Bill Hoskins of VA

Posted: 17 Jun 2000 8:22AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2001 3:00AM GMT
I have an oral account from a cattleman in Wyoming that mentions a Bill Hoskins from Virgina who helped (circa 1870's ?) with a cattle drive from Wyoming to Texas. If you would like more information, please contact me at LizCJenkins@Yahoo.com. Here's a little excerpt for you, "Bill was from Virgina and had never seen a cow herd....he was the biggest coward I ever saw...he was one of the FFV's of Pocahonta's blood." (Page 19)

Re: Charles William (William M) Hoskins

Posted: 7 Dec 2005 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoskins
Hi Bill. My Great Great Grandfather was William M Hoskins (1870) from Georgia. His father was John H Hoskins (1835) from Virginia.

If this sounds like your line, please let me know. Im just starting this little quest.

Stephen Lovelle Hoskins
SHoskins@andonia.com

Re: hoskins tree

Posted: 28 Jun 2008 7:07AM GMT
I'm hoping you can help me..I can only go back as far as felix hoskins (b1867)..he was married to sarah estep. they had several children but ancelm (ancie) was my grandfather. he was killed in 1932 when my dad was 2 months old so I have very little information from there. I'm hoping you have some information..thanks tina

Posted: 5 Aug 2008 12:09PM GMT
Jesse Hoskins (Jr) and Bethena Johnson had a daughter, Sarah Smallwood who married my g-g, grandfather Samuel Dunn Leinart and I have a copy of the will Jesse left from the book Tennessee Pioneers and it does not list Lodema, Burke or Mary Bluff. Any clues. Also, Sarah Smallwood Hoskins Leinart dies in 1866 at age 35, any information on the cause of her death? I have been the Beaver Ridge Cemetery and visited she and Samuel Dunns graves and I'm just interested in knowing why she died young? Just another piece of the puzzle.

Posted: 6 Aug 2008 2:52PM GMT
Was Jesse Hoskins Sr in your tree, born son of a John Hoskins "born 1741 MD Died 1818 OH" grandson of Thomas Hoskins "Born 1679? MD Died 1802 MD"? I have my direct line but I am resurching on trying to find where the lines from the other children in the familys. I have names but that is oll on the children from my direct line.

Posted: 7 Aug 2008 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: Hoskins
Thanks for more info and I can help you on Jesse Sr. son Jesse Jr who's daughter Sarah Smallwood was my g-g-grandmother and I can give info about her children. Let me know if it would help
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions