Search for content in message boards

Georgia McGee's

Georgia McGee's

Tracie McGee (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2000 7:25AM GMT
My name is Tracie McGee and most of my McGee relatives are in the State of Georgia, but there are some of us in the Ohio area as well. I'm alway's looking for relatives who I don't know, and have never met. By our family being do large it's kind of difficult to know everybody. My Grandfather is Bud Fairchild McGee from Harris County, Georgia, or as most of know it Pine Mountain, home of Calloway Gardens. He and my Grandmother (Josephine) have a host of wonderful children, a few of them are Shirley McGee Fannings, Leon McGee (my dad), Clarence McGee, Willie, Sonny, Queen Esther and a bunch of others. Anyone who feels they are apart of this particular McGee family, please feel free to contact me, we will welcome you with open arms.

Georgia McGee's

Posted: 21 Feb 2000 5:18PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2004 1:54AM GMT
In reply to Tracie McGee.My gggrandfather was John Cornelius McGee who married Nancy Hood.
They had a plantation on property which is now part of Callaway Gardens and they are buried on the property. Have a great deal of info. In all probability we are related. Please get in touch. Capicanary@aol.com

Georgia McGee's

Posted: 22 Feb 2000 6:37AM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2004 1:54AM GMT
Wow, I couldn't believe I got a response about my Pine Mountain Family Members. It would be wonderful to get together and do a family background trace to see who belongs to who. I'm sure we'll come across some interesting facts. If you'd like to e-mail me directly my address is tracie.mcgee@brinksinc.com or sexytmcgee@hotmail.com (my personal mailbox). But please get back with me so we can see what family member makes us family.

Georgia McGee's

Tracie (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2000 6:46AM GMT
Hi Pierce, if you see a extra message on the board from yourself it was actually me responding to you but I didn't know if was responding correctly. Anyway what I was saying is that it's great to get a response from someone who had relatives in the Pine Mountain area. Let's get together and see who we know that makes us relatives. My personal address is sexytmcgee@hotmail.com and my business address is tracie.mcgee@brinksinc.com. I'm sure we'll find out some interesting facts.

Georgia McGee's

Melisa Adams (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2000 2:15PM GMT
I am wondering if you know anything on a Charles Esters Mcgee born in 1877 or a Mary Mcgee born in 1916. They were from LaGrange, Georgie which is really Pine Mountain. Mary was my grandmother, but I don't know much on them. Any information would be very appreciated. My e-mail address is HORSEHEAVEN69@cs.com.

Georgia McGee's

Melisa Adams (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2000 7:28AM GMT
Hi Melisa, I don't know of them but I will definately ask my dad and some aunts and uncles about them, are they White or Black McGee's? Both were in Pine Mountain, we are the black McGee family.

Georgia's McGee

Melisa (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2000 1:22PM GMT
They were the white McGee's. I know I still have quite afew still living in LaGrange, Georgia, which is right outside aside of Pine Mountain. I'm related to the McGee's and Irvin around there, I just never really knew them. Any information you might have would be appreciated. My e-mail address is HORSEHEAVEN69@cs.com

HARRIS CO MCGEE

Posted: 26 Jan 2001 9:30PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2001 6:33PM GMT
MY GRANDFATHER WAS GEORGE WILSON MCGEE WHO HAD A PLANTATION IN TROUP CO GA(NEXT TO HARRIS CO) HE HAD A BROTHER NAMED JOHN WESLEY BORN AROUND 1803 IN CLARK CO GA. IS THIS THE SAME JOHN WESLEY?

Re: Georgia McGee's

Posted: 19 Dec 2007 3:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
I just e-mailed you otherwise in response to a different post. I think perhaps you and your family are black.
It still would be interesting to meet if we had a chance.

I have seen somewhere in a cousin's research a note that one of my ancestors was a slaveholder.

Best of luck with your research!

Re: Georgia McGee's

Posted: 3 Jul 2008 11:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGee
Looking for ? McGee that married Sara A. Moore, 1838 in Wilkinson, Georgia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions