Search for content in message boards

Surname: Weintraub

Surname: Weintraub

Posted: 24 Jul 2005 9:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2005 11:49AM GMT
Surnames: Weintraub
My e mail is RARose10@aol.com
Perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree. My name is Weintraub-Hoffman and I recently found out that the name of Weintraub is sometimes considered Sephardic.Perhaps someone could help me break a brick wall-On the census it states that both gparents were married for ten years and they came from Russia. and that they came over 1891-This I cannot prove one way or the other for the manifests state that they were single and came in 1890-91 from Austria and Romania
I have looked on all of the ship lists and I yet have to find that they were married for ten years and they came in 1891- I thought that I had something a few months ago which fizzled for a Rosa Weintraub turned out to be an eight year old.
I am looking for Rosa or Rachel & Max Weintraub.Can I have help? I have been looking for seven in a half years almost every day. Its like my feet are hypnotised to the floor-csn't move in either direction.

Re: Surname: Weintraub

Posted: 5 Sep 2008 3:08PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2008 5:11PM GMT
Hi

I don't know if you're still looking, but my great grandfather was Max Weintraub from Romania. We do have Sephardic blood. Rose was I believe his sister. Max's father's name was Yakov although in Romanian it's a derivative thereof. I have pictures and much more info. Max was a big donor in rebuilding the Great Synagogue of Bucharest although he became much more secular by the way.

Please contact me if this seems the right track for you.

best

Moshe Paul Mones (Maternal Grandmother's maiden name Madeline Weintraub, sister of Jack, Charles and Jules all children of Max)

Posted: 17 Mar 2014 6:06AM GMT
Classification: Biography
My surname is Weintraub with roots in Eastern Europe. So far, I've traced the Weintraubs to southern Galicia in the late 1800's. I've just started researching, and would be happy to collaborate if it looks like we are related.

Barbara Weintraub

Posted: 25 Apr 2014 4:47PM GMT
fyi dear rose passed away several years ago.in Az.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions