Search for content in message boards

LEFTER,COPE

LEFTER,COPE

Willie Carsey (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lefter, Cope
Hi, I'm looking for further info on Uriah LEFTER (various spellings)b.abt 1750 in ?, married Barbary COPE 13 Dec 1808 in Maysville, Mason, Ky. Barbary b.abt 1775 Ky. daughter of Jacob COPE (Kope) and 2nd wife Mary Eve. Jacob and Mary had the following children: Dolly, Barbary, Margaret, Elizabeth, Daniel and Samuel. He also had children from his first marriage but don't know them or wife. Uriah and Barbary had the following children: Mary Ann, Elizabeth, Jacob, Nancy, Uriah and Leonard. After Jacob COPE died (after 1813) Uriah LEFTER and family moved to Franklin Co., IN where Uriah died 23 Oct 1841. Any help I could get on these two families would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Willie

uriah lefter

cheri Gardiner (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am related to the Cope and Lefter family. Can you email me and we can compare notes?

Re: uriah lefter

Calli Smith (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2002 10:40PM GMT
Are you still researching Uriah Lefter. I am a descendant of his daughter Hannah and would like to compare notes.

Re: LEFTER,COPE

Calli Smith (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2002 10:47PM GMT
I believe that Uriah Lefter had another daughter Hannah who is my ancestor. I would love to share information.

Willie Carsey (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2002 10:07PM GMT
Hi, Are you still looking for Uriah Lefter? I am just getting around to checking out this board again. Uriah and Barbary Kope ( according to marr. index of Mason Co. Ky) had several children: Mary Ann, Elizabeth, Jacob, Nancy, Uriah, Hannah, Samuel and Leonard (not in that order). I am a decendent of Leonard. If you are interested please email me at carseyr@sisna.com. Thanks

Milicent Cranor (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2003 5:03PM GMT
Greetings! I and several other descendants would love to hear from you. I descend from Uriah Lefter, father of Jacob, father of Benjamin, father of my grandmother. I have Benjamin's photo and bio, and several papers on Uriah, including a description of him physically, as well as the terrible wounds inflicted by a British soldier. While in his fifties, he went on to marry a young woman of German extraction from Bucks County Pennsylvania -- and had 12 children, as you probably know. His family came to Virginia from La Rochelle, France, in 1685, according to some brief notes written by Benjamin. We have written to Willie Carsey, but he never responds.

Milicent Cranor (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2003 5:05PM GMT
Surnames: Lefter, Cupp (Cope, Kopf, Kupp) Ryckman, Cory, Schofield, Lounsbury, Cranor
I forgot to list the surnames. See below

Wendy (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2003 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Lefter, Vaughn,
I am researching Uriah and Jacob Lefter for a friend who doesn't have access to the internet. She is related thru Jacob's daughter Hanna that married John L. Vaughn and settled in Knoxville, IA. Would love to correspond and find out what information you would have on the Lefters that I can give her. Please feel free to email me off the list!
Thanks,
Wendy

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 6:20AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2004 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: LEFTER, COPE, BISHOP, MYERS ,
this is Neomi Myers, Calli is my husband's cousin.
Uriah Lefter's daughter Hannah was my husband's Grt. Grndmother . Hannah married Jacob Myers 30, June 1840 in Grant county IN. and became mother to 14 children . 9 daughters and 3 sons . she died in 1904 in Oregon.
Now I would like to know the name of Uriah's other daugther (Hannah's older sister) who married Henry Bishop and more about Hannah's mother Barbray Cope.. Anyone with any further information about the Lefter's and Cope's WE would love to hear from you .. Neomi Myers at neemy735@msn.com

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 6:46AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2004 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: LEFTER, COPE, MYERS, BISHOP, VINCENT, CLARK, GILMORE
Willie,
did you forget or not know that another daughter of Uriah and Barbray (Cope)Lefter was named Hannah .. she was born 22, Feb. 1817 in Mason county KY . Hannah married Jacob Myers June 30, 1840 in Grant County INDIANA . They became parents to 14 children (among them were 4 sets of twins) I have all their names and dates of birth and who they married . Hannah and Jacob Myers traveled by wagon train to SE Washington in the fall of 1864 and then migrated down into Southern Oregon where they homesteaded and both died in 1904 and are buried in a small cemetery about 6 miles from their homestead place in Jackson co. near Medford OR. My husband is her Grt.Grandson . Do you know which of the Lefter daughters married a Henry Bishop ? PLEASE e-mail me Neomi Myers at NeeMy735@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic