Search for content in message boards

Stone Family of Talladega & Clay Co., Alabama

Stone Family of Talladega & Clay Co., Alabama

Posted: 18 Sep 2004 1:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Mar 2005 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Stone, Royster
This family is a brickwall. If any of the names fit into your research, or if you have any information on them to share, please contact me.

William A. Stone, b: circa 1862, Alabama (parents & siblings unknown), d: 1910, Clay Co., AL; m: Martina Royster (parents & siblings unknown), circa 1887, Alabama.

Known Children:

Jessie Beatrice Stone, b: 1888
Robert Stone, b: 1891
Allen Stone, b: 1892
Daniel Stone, b: 1896
Mary Lena Stone, b: 1899
William Stone, b: 1904

Any help with this family would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, TJ

Re: Stone Family of Talladega & Clay Co., Alabama

Posted: 22 Dec 2004 8:13AM GMT
Edited: 24 Feb 2005 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: Stone, Burt, Welch
I have some incomplete information on the family of Isaac Stone of Talledega Co. Isaac Stone was born 23 Mar 1808 in Virginia. He married Mary S. ___, b. c1813 Virginia. Known children Henry Clay Stone 1838, Virginia L. Stone 1841, Lucy Ann Stone 8 May 1847, Isaac Jourdan Stone 1849, Elizabeth J. Stone 1851, John E. Stone 1854, and Marion M. Stone 1859. Isaac Stone died 26 March 1874 in Talledega Co. and is buried in the Stone Cemetery. My main interest in this family is Isaac Jourdan Stone who married Martha Dandridge Welch, daughter of Rev. Oliver Welch and Frances Anne Gibson. After death of Rev. Welch she was adopted by my gg-grandfather James C. BURT who married Frances Anne. James and Frances Burt were parents of my g-grandfather, Eustace P. Burt.

Posted: 22 Dec 2004 3:40PM GMT
Hi John, It's always nice to hear from another Stone family researcher. I've been wondering about the Stone's I've seen in the Alabama Census that came out of Virginia.

I checked my file on the gathered Stone data and I did not have the first thing on your Isaac Stone, I'm sorry to say. I will add a copy of your message to the file, however. Should anyone ever contact me about any of the names you have listed, then I will get them in contact with you right away.

Good luck with your famiy research. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones also.

Posted: 22 Dec 2004 4:56PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2005 4:22PM GMT
Surnames: Stone
Hi,

I neglected to add that Isaac and Martha Stone moved to California soon after their marriage. Both died out there. I believe that Isaac may have been in the newspaper business. I do have two wonderful articles written by Mattie on her childhood in Talladega. One concerns life on the Burt plantation and the other the Civil War. She discribes the formation of a girl's "cavalry" and also her brother going off to war.

Posted: 22 Dec 2004 5:59PM GMT
Hi Again John,

Thanks for the added info. I'll add it to your first message. If you don't mind sharing, would you send/email (azlilowl@vtc.net) me a copy of the article that your Mattie wrote about the Civil War?

I'm a member of my local UDC Chapter and I think this would be a great article to take to the next meeting and read for the other members. Be sure and state what newspaper it was published in, date and page the article was on.

We UDC ladies are always interested in these type of old documents that gives a person's personal view of the Civil War. Especially those from the South. When I present and read it, you will be given credit for it, since it is your family and your submission. I, as well as the UDC would not have it any other way.

Let me know if you have any questions. Just email me personally. Thanks again for your wonderful sharing!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions