Search for content in message boards

VanDusen ancestors

VanDusen ancestors

Posted: 12 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2003 7:39PM GMT
Surnames: VAN DUSEN, VAN DUZMAN
Looking for parents, siblings of Martin Sheldon Van Dusen (Van Duzman) b. 15 Jul 1827, Keysville (?Keesville) Clinton Co. NY.

Re: VanDusen ancestors

Posted: 16 Oct 2003 2:06PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2004 3:00PM GMT
Surnames: VanDusen
Hi, could you give me any more infor. On Sheldon. Do you know his Spouse? I'm also searching my VanDusen history and it's mostly in N.Y.. If I have come across anything I'll gladly send it to you. Most of mine come from bradford county pa and Steuben N.Y.. You might want to try calling the Histrocal socity in that county, they can be very helpful! Vanda

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 4:25PM GMT
I also have VanDusen ancestors from NY. Broom County is the only place I known for sure that they lived in New York, and they also lived in PA. Name was James R. but I don't know his parents yet. His children were James Schmidt, Florence, John, Willliam, Julia and possibly more.

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 5:36PM GMT
There is a published Van Dusen Genealogy:
"Van Deusen Family" by: Capt Albert Garrison Van Deusen
copright 1912.
The NY State Library in Albany has copies, and many local NY Community Libraries. You can order the 2 vol set from "www.HigginsonBook.com" online, they custom print to order out of print books.
I hav no affiliation with them, but that is where I ordered my set. I have 1770's Van Deusen/Weatherwax marriages.

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 6:07PM GMT
There is a tree at www.rootsweb.com (Worldconnect website)
That indicates that a Martin Van Dusen b: 15 Jul 1827 in Keesville,Clinton co NY was the son of : Platt Jacob Van Dusen b:27 Feb 1793 in Nine Partners grant,Dutchess co NY and wife Charlotte Saunders b:abt 1797 in Ellenburgh,Clinton co NY. This couple married 20 Dec 1814 in Peru Clinton co NY (where my family was since 1792) Martin was one of 8 children. Martin migrated to Iowa where he died. Is this the family your searching for?
Wayne Weatherwax Author
The Weatherwax Genealogy 1710-1930

Re: VanDusen Genealogy pg 329-330

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 10:29PM GMT
Platt J. Van Dusen, son of Jacob Van Dusen and Edith Palmer of Peru Clinton co NY;b:at Nine Partners,Dutchesss co NY Feb 27,1793, d:at Ellenburg NY Aug 1,1873. m:at Peru NY Dec 20,1814 Charlotte Saunders. He served in the war of 1812 in the 3rd reg. U.S. Art. (Bounty land claim), wid. pen certificate#20,617.
res: Ellenburg Clinton co NY,occ:farmer
children:
1. Avaery,bNov 5,1816;m(1st) 1837 to Jane Newton;(2nd) in 1848 Betsy Bishop
2. William Henry,b Jan 21,1821;m:a1842 Sarah A. Newton

3.Jane b:1824,m:Sidey Bennett
4. Martin b:a1826
5. Sarah b a1828 m: Mr Coolidge
6. Emily b a1830;mMr Perry res:Burwell Greenfield co NE
7. George b a1833
8. Walter W., b Apr 1,1837,m(1st) Harriet Saunders,(2nd) Maggie Enrigh
So based on this Genealogy Martins parents were Platt Jacob Van Dusen and wife Charlotte Saunders.
Platt in turn was the son of Jacob Van Duesen and Edith Palmer of the nine partners area of Dutchess co NY.
Hope this helps you out
Wayne Weatherwax

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 12:18AM GMT
The books are also on CD, but I don't remember where I purchased mine from. I was also abel to order the 2 volume books through my library as an interlibrary loan.

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 12:23AM GMT
Martin is my great-great grandfather, married to Eliza Nears. Martin is the last of my line to appear in The Van Deusen Family volumes by Albert Van Dusen.

While I don't recocgnize any of the names from Nancy's posts, it is possible that they belong to some of Martin's siblings.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic