Search for content in message boards

POPE, North Carolina

POPE, North Carolina

Posted: 13 Dec 2003 1:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Oct 2004 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: Pope, Miller, Hoke, Holliday, Bobst
Interested in sharing info. per the Pope family from North Carolina. Elijah and Eva (Miller) Pope raised nine children near Iredell County, North Carolina. Elijah had one known brother, George. Elijah & Eva's Children: Rufus, Jonas, Candice, Henry Leander, John, Marcus, Barbara,Daniel, and Reuben Alonzo.

Re: POPE, North Carolina

Posted: 8 Jan 2004 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Pope
I have a site called Pope Friends where one can share Pope information with other Popes. It is a free site to share with other researchers. Contact me at the email address to join. There are over a 100 members searching from the different subscribers. Join Now! Members are from Pope heritage.
Contact me at Jlpchtn34@aol.com

Nina (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2004 8:03PM GMT
Hi
I saw your post and thought I would ask a few questions. Did this Elijah move to Ashe co? I have family info passed to me that my g-g-grandfather was George W. Pope. His daughter was Sarah Jane Pope Lambert. My info said she had two brothers, Jonathon and Jim. I can't find any information other than Sarah's death certificate that says George is her father. She was born in 1863.

K.Pope (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2004 1:00PM GMT
Hi Nina, Elijah's brother George's middle initial was " M". Elijah did not have a son named George that I am aware of. Also I do not have any records of the family residing in Ashe County. Elijah was born about 1823 and George M. (his brother) about 1832. It is possible if the Popes you are researching are from Iredell Co. at some point are related to the line I am researching due to the size of the family. I will check back in my notes and see if I have anything that may be helpful to you. Kimberly

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 12:47AM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2004 9:50PM GMT
Kimberly,
Do you happen to have any information on a Rockley Pope? I was searching for information on my 2x great-grandmother, Emily J. Pope. Her parents, according to the 1850 and 1860 census records were Rockley/Rackley Pope and Malinda. Rockley/Rackley was born about 1813 in North Carolina and Malinda about 1823 in Tennessee. I believe they were married sometime around 1840-1842 since their first known child was born in 1842. I also believe they were married in Alabama as that is where their first child was born. Thanks so much.

Michael

Posted: 17 Feb 2004 8:19PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2006 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: Pope, Ivey, Davis, Farmer
Do you happen to have an Isabella Pope b. 1844 in NC in your Pope line? She married William H. Ivey and I believe they are buried here in Grayson Co. TX. I have not been able to find who her parents were.

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Pope, Miller, Hoke, Woodruff
Jennifer,
The desendant I have researched from now Catawba Co., NC begins with Elijah Pope, B: 1823. I did not see the name you mentioned in our line. Popes in the South by Jennings Bland Pope from Austin Texas may be of help to you. Regretfully I do not have an address or email address. Heinrich Bobst supposedly is one of the first "Popes" from our family to be noted in N.C. Note that Pabst, & Bobst in German means Pope in English. I do not know this to be fact but that is what was told to me. Though I did not see the name you mentioned I added her to my notes as sometimes when I am searching, I find things other people are looking for. Good luck. Kimberly

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: Pope, Miller, Hoke, Woodruff
Michael,
Do you know what county Rockley was from? I do not have all 9 siblings of Henry Pope. What I do have is: Henry,George, Daniel, Peter, William & Amon. These are the known children of Henry Bobst (Pope). He moved to Lincoln Co. abt.1800-1810. That is all the info. I have close to the time frame you mentioned. Please send more info. if you know which county in NC. Rockley originated from.
Kimberly

Posted: 6 Sep 2004 3:09AM GMT
Hi,
I hope you can help me I am looking for John Carl Pope, who married Nellie Eleen Sumerford or Summerford, in Marshall NC. do you have any thing on this line?

Thanks Beth

He might of been born abt, 1895.

Posted: 8 Sep 2004 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2005 3:28PM GMT
No, and I've given up my Ancestry census for awhile but will get them back shortly. But you can go to your library and get the census records, which will name his father. If you don't know how, the libray has census and are connecteto the Internet for further searching. After you pull up census ust put in his name and it will go to every name as you state and you just click on. If not give me a write later.
Marie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions