Search for content in message boards

POWELL FAMILY TREE

POWELL FAMILY TREE

Ranae Knott-Wheeler (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2000 8:31PM GMT
I WAS BORN 9/1970 IN OHIO TO BETTY JEAN (POWELL)KNOTT BORN 1/1950 IN OHIO TO IRA THOMAS POWELL BORN 11/1909 IN CHATTANOOGA,TENNEESSEE DIED 1/1972 OHIO TO JOHN WILLIAM EDWARD POWELL.I DO KNOW THAT I HAVE RELATIVES IN OHIO, TENNEESSEE, KENTUCKY AND WOULD GREATLY HONOR ANY REPLYS ABOUT MY FAMILY.THANKS,RANAE

Re:Powell line

Posted: 9 Aug 2000 8:05PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2002 4:12PM GMT
Do you happen to have a James Powell from georgia? Jenette Powell Wooten born in Gilmer county Georgia? James was Jenette's dad,mother not known.
Thanks!
Glenda

POWELL FAMILY TREE

Ranae Knott-Wheeler (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2000 8:01PM GMT
I'M NOT SURE OF THE NAMES OF ANY SIBLINGS MY GREAT GRANDFATHER JOHN WILLIAM EDWARD POWELL.RANAE

Re: Powell line

Posted: 2 May 2002 2:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jun 2002 12:49AM GMT
Do you know who Jenette Powell Wooten married?

Posted: 19 May 2002 3:28AM GMT
Surnames: Wooten,Surratt,Busby,Rice,Powell,Helms,Shortancy
Jenette Powell Wootten married William Jasper Wootten,May 13,1855 in Gordon county georgia.
I am the ggreatgranddaughter of William and Jenette Powell Wootten.
I would like to correspond with anyone from my line.
Thanks!

Richard Todd Mason (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2002 1:42AM GMT
I am also a ggreatgrandchild of William Jasper Wooten and Jenette Powell Wooten. I have lots of information on William Jasper's line, but I know nothing about Jenette Powell (all I knew was that William married Jane Powell in Gordon Co., GA on 13 May 1855). I would appreciate any info you could share with me. I look forward to talking with you. Todd

Posted: 20 May 2002 6:29AM GMT
Todd,
Email me privately at Dizzy24322@aol.com
I have some things that I can share with you .
I'm excited!
Thanks cousin,
Glenda

Posted: 10 Sep 2004 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: POWELLS,
Hi Glenda,
We are a group of 6 Powell researchers who are related to ghe Gordon Co., GA Powells who had migrated from SC prior to 1850. The Wootens are located with ours on a census. Our lines are from James Dyson Powell, Josiah Powell, Cyrus Powell, George W. Powell, Alphia Powell. We have information to share and hope to hear from you to see if we can find a connection. 2 of our members have their results from the Powell DNA project. Look forward to hearing from you.

TTYL~Diane

Glenda (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2004 10:42PM GMT
Surnames: Powell,Wooten,Locke,Simon,O'Shonacy,Shortnacy,Pryor,Helms,Locke,Hednie
Diane,
My line is Jenette Powell married William Jasper Wooten/Wootten.They were married in Gordon co. Ga. May 1855.
On my greatgrandmother Jenette,it said that she was born in Gilmer co. Ga.,that her dad was James Powell on her death certificate,mother unknown.
I have been searching for her family.My grandfather died when I was 7 years of age and by the time that I got interested in family history,he was already deceased,so I couldn't ask questions about his family to know about them.
I started my line in junior high school,I made an F because I couldn't tell you nothing about my mothers line,our family never talked about their family.I started searching,now it's only those left behind who can help me piece my line together.
At the time my grandparents died,there were 50 grandchildren,50 greatgrandchildren and 3 ggreatgrandchildren.I can't tell you all the names,because the older I'm getting I haven forgotten,then our family has went different ways and more has been born down the generations.
Myself,I have 2 daughters and 6 grandchildren.
I'll be glad to share with you any info,it might be possible your Powell is the line I'm looking for since from the same area.
Thanks!
Glenda

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2005 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Powell
Hi Glenda,

Is your line the same William J. Wooten age 26 born in GA that is in DeKalb, AL with wife Jane 26yrs. born in SCwith children Thomas, Lorenzo, WIlliam A., and Robert H. Wooten?

My line is James Dyson Powell b. 1824 SC d. 1862 Gordon Co., GA m. Elvira Susan Butler 1830 SC. d. KS 1904 as you can see both were born in SC but had moved on to GA by 1850 where he is listed as Dyson Powell in the census.

TTYL~Diane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions