Search for content in message boards

ST. STEVENS CEMETERY, LOUISVILLE

ST. STEPHEN'S CEMETERY

Posted: 20 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 12:05PM GMT
Regarding the St. Stephen Cemetery, I am a member of the St. Stephen Society that operates the cemetery. I assume this is the cemetery you are referring to. I am not aware of any book or listing that has been prepared identifying people interred there. However, the cemetery office has grave records and can help you find a particular grave site. Phone no. is 502-634-0890. The cemetery is located at 1808 S. Preston St. in Louisville, Ky.

ST. STEVENS CEMETERY, LOUISVILLE

Posted: 20 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: LYON, LYONS, TERRELL, MCDONALD, HEDDEN, HARRISON
I AM LOOKING FOR A CEMETERY BOOK FOR ST. STEVENS CEMETERY. IS ANYONE KNOW IF ONE HAS BEEN DONE? IF THERE IS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO ORDER IT. THANKS

ST. STEPHENS CEMETERY

Posted: 16 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 12:05PM GMT
Surnames: Haag, Fow, Hines, Keiner, Wiedemann, Stilger
The first burial in St. Stephen's Cemetery in Louisville, Ky was on October 19, 1851. I do not know any cemeteries in Louisville that go back to the early 1800's. Some of the folks buried in those days may have been interred in small church cemeteries or family plots on small farms, etc. There are some old cemeteries in the Western part of Louisville; Portland Cemetery and the old St. Mary's (now St. John's) Cemetery. You might check with the Filson Club Historical Society in Louisville. Phone no. there is 502-635-5083.

St. Stevens Cemetery

Robert Bainbridge (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BAINBRIDGE
Would someone who died in 1815 be in your cemetery. I'm trying to find where Absalom Bainbridge is buried.

Old cemeteries

Jeané Bolton (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
There are several old cemeteries in Jefferson Co, Ky. Chenoweth Run Cemetery, earliest marked grave is 1805. The German Presbyterian cemetery is a historical landmark and has burials even before that. I have checked my books for Chenoweth Run and Jeffersontown Cemetery, but no Bainbridges. There is also Pennsylvania Run cemetery that may go back that far. Do you know where in the county he lived?

Absalom Bainbridge

Robert C. Bainbridge (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BAINBRIDGE
Absalom Bainbridge lived in Louisville and is believed to have died there about 1815.

Jefferson co. Ky Cemeteries

Vivian Park Snyder (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Lamon, Lemen, Lemon, Lemmon
I am looking for the listings of Lamon, Lemen, Lemon, Lemmon
who might be buried in a cemetery in Jefferson county Ky.

Admin NOTE: E-mail address used to be greggviv@intrepid.net, but that address is no good anymore.

cemeteries

dorcas schofield (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DUNCAN, MUSICK, POSTLETHWAITE

response to Jeane re old cemeteries: your message mentions checking your books -- I am looking for info on Coolbrook Cemetery, Fern Creek, Louisville, Jefferson Cnty; specifically for Charles DUNCAN (d 1840), Charles Reed DUNCAN and Jane Musick (don't have their dates of death) and Coleman DUNCAN.

Would appreciate advice about the books you referred to.

Jefferson County Lamon's

Posted: 27 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2004 4:01AM GMT
Surnames: Lamon
My maiden name is Lamon. I reside in Jefferson county.
Maybe I can help. Who are you looking for?

Lamon/Lemen/Lemon

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Nov 2002 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: Lamon, Lemen, Lemon
Please not my e-mail address. I am interested any information on the family names of Lamon/Lemen/Lemon
Greggviv@earthlink.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions