Search for content in message boards

Blount Bullock (b. 23Mar1810/Edgecombe Co, NC – d. 31Aug1885/Pike or Howard Co, AR)

Blount Bullock (b. 23Mar1810/Edgecombe Co, NC – d. 31Aug1885/Pike or Howard Co, AR)

Posted: 15 May 2008 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bullock/Bulluck
This Blount Bullock was a son of “Balaam” Bullock who I believe is descended from my Bullock family line that originated in the 1600’s in old Surry/Sussex County, VA. Balaam Bullock lived his adult life in Edgecombe County dying there ca 1822. His estate was administered by a David Bullock. I’d very much like to correspond with any descendants of, or anyone else familiar with, this Balaam Bullock – especially any male Bullock descendants. Please contact me charlesbullock42@gmail.com

Re: Blount Bullock (b. 23Mar1810/Edgecombe Co, NC – d. 31Aug1885/Pike or Howard Co, AR)

Posted: 22 Aug 2008 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Bullock
Hello,

I am a Bullock decendent and I see you mention a David Bullock. My 4Great Grandfather is a David Bullock. Our information stops at his son, my 3Great-Grandfather Lewis (or Louis) Bullock (b) 22 June 1872 - (d) 16 Nov 1926. Lewis Bullock's mother is known to be Wadie Hines.

I'm looking for more information on David Bullocks to find Lewis's father.

Any info that you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Erica

Re: Blount Bullock (b. 23Mar1810/Edgecombe Co, NC – d. 31Aug1885/Pike or Howard Co, AR)

Posted: 22 Aug 2008 10:05PM GMT
Hello Erica,
My research of your postings on Ancestry’s message boards indicates that you may have a current membership with Ancestry.com. I do not, but a cousin told me today that Ancestry is having a special half price, very limited time offer, sale on their DNA analyses packages for people with a current subscription to ANCESTRY.COM. Are you aware of this and might you be interested in using DNA analyses to track your Bullock family line?? If so, please contact me directly at my e-mail: charlesbullock42@gmail.com or feel free to call me at home: 423-928-2272. I look forward to hearing from you. Charles W. Bullock
P.S. Could you also send me copies of the pictures of your Bullock ancestors that you have posted in the Ancestry files?
P.S. Jr. Do you know Denzer Johnson, an Edgecombe County NC Bullock descendant?

Posted: 24 Dec 2010 10:55PM GMT
In the book ABSTRCT WILLS OF EDGECOMBE NC 1733-1856
there are only two BULLOCK listings.. David and David jr.

BULLOCK DAVID
Sep 15 1774 wife & Extx: (unamed) lend platation where I live now for her lifetime. Reversion to son ROBERT. Lend unto wife all remaining part of estate her lifetime. Then to be Equally divided between children: Son; NATHANIEL' Dau: PATTY. Son: ROBERT HOOD BULLOCK; dau; ELIZABETH JONES, 5 shillings each. Son" ROBERT HOOD BULLOCK, plantation where I dwell. Exr& son: JOHN BULLOCK. Wit: NOAH SUGG, JAMES PERMENTER, LEWIS DODGE.

BULLOCK, DAVID (JR)
Mar 20 1815 book E pag 100
Bro: WHITMELE BULLOCK, I lend for two years my land and platation, stock, hogs, sheep: all crops left for support of farm, also 1 negro. Bro & EXr; JONATHAN BULLOCK, and platation wher ei live. All else sold and money divided among my brother and sister, GRAY BULOCK and ORRIN BULLOCK. Wit: DEMSEY JENKINS, RICHARD PEEL.

Posted: 27 Jul 2013 1:51AM GMT
I've been researching the Bullock/Bulluck line for awhile. My husband's line comes through Balaam's brother, William Gray Bullock. I have some information on Balaam's decendents, mostly his son Bennett's family, but some on others, including some newspaper articles. Would love to Email anything I have to you.

Posted: 27 Jul 2013 2:21AM GMT
Yes, please e-mail the info to me:

charlesbullock42@gmail.com

Thanks, I look forward to reading your records & corresponding with you. Charles Bullock

Re:Balaam Bullock of Edgecombe County, NC

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bullock
To Gedwards6682: My Bullock line comes through Balaam Bullock's son, Bennett Sr. I have considerable information on the Bennett Bullock family of Edgecombe/Wilson County, NC. I would like to compare notes.

Balaam Bullock was the son of Davie Bullock of Edgecombe County, NC (per deed behests of Davie and Y-DNA testing). Davie's father was David Bullock of Edgecombe County, NC who wrote his Will there in 1774 and died in 1782. My research indicates this line goes back to New Kent County, Virginia.

There has been much confusion about Balaam Bullock of Edgecombe County, NC because there was another Balaam Bullock living at the same time in Pitt County, NC. This Balaam Bullock was the son of Drewry Bullock. They carry a separate Y-DNA genetic signature than the Bullocks of Edgecombe County.

Re:Balaam Bullock of Edgecombe County, NC

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 11:19PM GMT
If you will send me your email address I'll be happy to share anything I have. Since my husband's line is through Balaam's brother, William Grey Bulluck, I haven't spent as much time on your line. In the 1950's and 60's a local newspaper ran a daily column called "I'm thinking-by An Old Reporter" in which people submitted information on old families of the area and I have copies of those. I also have some information on deeds, burials, etc. for your line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions