Search for content in message boards

Samuel Ellison, A Kentuckian in New Mexico

Samuel Ellison, A Kentuckian in New Mexico

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Feb 2011 8:38AM GMT
I am looking for any information about my great grandfather, or his parents, who I believe are Elias Ellison, a Swede, and Susana Rhinhart, German. Samuel, arrived in New Mexico in 1848 from Kentucky after serving a short stint in The Republic of Texas. New Mexico had just come under United States rule. He arrived with the army of Colonel John M. Washington as an Interpreter. He went on to become a judge. In his later years he served as the first Territorial Librarian for New Mexico. He married Francesca Sanchez and remained in New Mexico for the rest of his life. "Memoir of a Kentuckian in New Mexico" is the title of his short memoir by J. Manuel Espinosa.

Re: Samuel Ellison, A Kentuckian in New Mexico

Posted: 27 Jul 2011 10:25PM GMT
Hi!!!

I am the great grandaughter of Samuel Elison. I did verify his parents Elias Ellison, born in Bourbob County Phil. Penn.

His wife was Susana Rinehart from Kentucky

I can fill you forwad to today but not much else backwards.

I live in the East Bay area Near San Francisco. Where are you.

Posted: 1 Aug 2011 8:08PM GMT
I live in Oregon in the Willamette Valley. I would appreciate any information going forward for my great grandparents. I have been on a very long search for members of my family. His daughter Josefa Ellison Garcia, was my grandmother. You would be my second cousin.

Posted: 5 Aug 2011 4:47AM GMT
Thank you for your reply. This is a difficult one. Tell me what you have and together we will fill in the blanks.
There is a bit of misconstrued history re:Sylvester if you relied on the book wtitten by Concha. My family knew her well and exaggeration was one of her charateristics.

Please tell me what you have found and I will tell you what corresponds to your findings. I have several historic references that you might be interested in.

Please keep in touch.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions