Search for content in message boards

Wright Family of Monroe County, Indiana

Wright Family of Monroe County, Indiana

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking supported information on the 3 Wright family members who are mentioned in the attached "Probate Boxes, Monroe County, Indiana [1818-1872]" document - specifically:

1. Who is the JOHN WRIGHT who died before 13 July 1825?

2. Who is the RACHEL WRIGHT who died bef Nov 1858. Also mentioned in her estate document [not yet have a copy], is Peter Wright. Which Peter Wright is he? Related to Richard Wright, Sr.?

3. Who is the WILLIAM WRIGHT who died bef 18 Nov 1850,

This is not Richard Wright, Sr.'s son, but names mentioned as his heirs include "Philbert Wright and Peter Wright adult heirs - persons whom are brother's children of the decease ... and living in Green [Greene?] County, Indiana."
The 'Philbert & Peter Wright appear to be this William's nephews.

The dates are very specific, as are other names that may be recognizable to a Wright family researcher.

It's a mystery to me - but if perhaps someone recognizes them, please let me know.
Attachments:

Re: Wright Family of Monroe County, Indiana

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: WRIGHT
Okay . . . I will start at the bottom of your queries. I have your Philbert Wright, however I have him as Philburd Wright b. 29 Mar 1768 in Rowan county, NC and d. 31 Jul 1855 in Washington county, IN. He had 2 wives. 1st was Mary Molly Sears and the 2nd was Elizabeth Deven. Philburd's siblings were Benjamin, Peter, Richard Jr., John, William R., Evans C. and Amos Sr. He was the son of Richard Sr. b. abt 1730, d. 3 Sep 1784 all in Rowan county, NC. You mentioned that Phibert and Peter were nephews of William. William's brother is indeed Richard Sr. however I don't have any info on this William other than him being b. abt 1719 in Surry county, NC. I do have a Rachel that might fit and too many John's but not one who died before 13 Jul 1825. Not sure if this will help you or not.

Re: Wright Family of Monroe County, Indiana

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 6:13PM GMT
I really appreciate the information. At first, I also thought it was Philbert, b. 1768, son of Richard, Sr., but the other names don't coincide with the names on the probate document.

I have documented all of RIchard, Sr.'s children - with the exception of Peter and John. They still elude me.

To my knowledge, Philbert1768 was never in Monroe County. He was in Washington County. I've tried every combination of Williams and Philberts and Johns imaginable, but nothing is working.

Unfortunately [for us left to research the family], the Wright family used the same names for each successive generation.

The probate document did not transition to the Wright Digest, but looking at the 'Crum' children [who appear to be step-children rather than biological children], nothing matches.

Thank you for writing. It's nice to know there's someone out there looking as well.

Question - Who is your William Wright b. 1719 in Surry? Is it possible it's Philbert Wright, b. 1719? If so, he was born in Maryland.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic