Search for content in message boards

William Owens, Engine Driver - Croes Newydd Shed Wrexham

William Owens, Engine Driver - Croes Newydd Shed Wrexham

Posted: 27 Sep 2011 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Owens
Hi,

I am currently researching into my family history and I am trying to find out about my Taid William Owens and wondered if there was anyone out there that has known him or had worked with him or know someone who had worked with him and have memories or photos.

My Taid worked at the Croes Newydd Shed in Wrexham from 1920 until 1950 as an Engine Driver, he lived at number 25 Ruthin Road, Wrexham with his wife Gwladys - who he married in 1940 and son Robert Owens - my Dad. My Taid was married prior to this to a Laura Ann Williams who sadly passed away in 1938 of stomach cancer.

My Taid sadly passed away on January 13th 1950, but if anyone can help in my research I would be so greatful as my Dad was only young when his Dad passed away so he doesn't have that much information that he can pass onto me.

Many thanks

Rhian

Re: William Owens, Engine Driver - Croes Newydd Shed Wrexham

Posted: 28 Sep 2011 12:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have you tried putting his name in ancestry for the railway records. sorry I can't look it up for you I don't currently have a subscription for that.
Sandy

Posted: 29 Sep 2011 9:16AM GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have managed to get hold of my Taids staff records which make for interesting reading, it was more if there were people out there that had worked or known him or his family and had any memories that they can share about my Taid

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 5:44PM GMT
my father worked at croes newydd wrexham in the sheds he filled the engines with coal he worked there just after the war ended until the coal trains finished my dads name was thomas phillip ellis jones but known as phil jones always smoked a pipe and worked with it in his mouth i like you am doing the family history my dads father to worked in wrexham ,i have found records of him sorry i cannot help with your findings just thought it interesting to say you never know what comes up good luck

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 11:12AM GMT
Hi RoseAnn. Do you have any info on your Thomas Phil Ellis Jones, Where did the family originate? I have many Ellis' and some are Ellis-Jones. Just wondered!
Bryn

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 7:34AM GMT
Thanks for your message, sounds like they may have known each other possibly, good luck with your family history search

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 6:19PM GMT
my dad known as phil jones always smoked a pipe and worked with it he always cycled from rossett to croes newydd i can remember him saying he used to work with a chap named derek from edward st wrexham and a david kyffin from rhos my dads family were ellis s from rossett thomas ellis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic