Search for content in message boards

obit for Ida Virginia Feathers

obit for Ida Virginia Feathers

tigerlily =';'= (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2002 7:22PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
The following obit is here with permission of the Bristol Herald Courier, in Bristol, Va.

Ida Virginia Feathers

Ida Virginia Feathers, 75, born Dec. 5, 1926, went peacefully to be with the Lord, Saturday, March 9, 2002, at the home of her sister, Annabelle Collins. She was preceded in death by her parents, Robert and Nellie Feathers; a sister, Marie Feathers; brothers, Carl, Charles, James and Clarence Feathers.

Survivors include four sisters, Mrs. Alfred (Helen) Pendergrass, Mrs. John (Annabelle) Collins, Mrs. Robert (Margarita) Collins, and Mrs. Fred (Christine) Pope; and brothers and sisters-in-law, Mr. Wayne Feathers and wife, Carol; Mr. Allen Feathers and wife, Linda; Illo Feathers and Lucille Feathers.

Funeral services will be conducted 2 p.m. Monday, March 11, 2002, in Weaver Funeral Home with Pastors Wallace Amos and Randall Shaffer officiating. Burial will be in High Point Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Steve Collins, Tim Feathers, Ralph Ford, Paul Collins, Frank Rutherford and Doyle Rutherford. The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Weaver Funeral Home. E-mail condolences may be sent to www.weaverfuneralhome.net.

Weaver Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

Note: I am of no relation, but my sympathies go out to those of you who are.

Re: obit for Ida Virginia Feathers

Posted: 17 Feb 2012 3:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have received information which indicates that George Washington FORD, the son of Ralph Ford and Elizabeth COFFEY, was born on January 10, 1789 at Oldsfield Point, Cecil Co., MD. I would like to know where Oldsfield Point is located in Cecil Co. and if there are any records, church or civil, in existance for that area which I could review to see if GW Ford was indeed born in that community and was the son of the above couple. The original source for my data no longer has a good e-mail address, but must have been able to acquire that specific a piece of information from somewhere. I need to locate it if at all possible. Thank you anyone for your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic