Search for content in message boards

Mash family Chatham County NC

Mash family Chatham County NC

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 7:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mash, Bailey
My GGGGgrandmother was Mahala Mash. She was born in Chatham County, NC in 1799 (possibly 04 Mar), married Andrew Hayman Bailey in Sevier County, Tennessee in 1820, and died in Calhoun County, MS in 1845, supposedly of typhoid. I am trying to extend her line further back, but the only thing I have found is a William Mash listed in 1800 census as living in the Hillsborough Township of Chatham County with 4 free white females under the age of 10 in the household. Other than that, I am at a brick wall finding information on the Mash family. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Mash family Chatham County NC

Posted: 18 Jul 2010 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: MASH
Do you have the parents names of your Mahala Mash?

I am researching my MASH Families who came from Massachusettes to North Carolina in the latter part of the 1770s.

You may email me directly at: ograndma1@sbcglobal.net

I have my MASH family traced back to late 1635, when the came to the US from England, landing in Hingham Bay, MA.

Joyce

Posted: 28 Apr 2011 1:16AM GMT
Mahala Mash was a Choctaw Indian She is on the Dawes Rolls
Card No. MCR6281

Posted: 28 Apr 2011 2:13PM GMT
How interesting! I haven't been able to find out anything at all about her. Thanks for the information. I'll check that out.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions