Search for content in message boards

Thomas R. Meredith

Thomas R. Meredith

Meredith (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 7:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Apr 2003 4:30PM GMT
Surnames: Meredith, Faust
Looking for Meredith ancestors - Thomas R. Meredith B. 1/7/1803, Fairplay, SC. M. Lucinda Adeline Faust. Believe his father to be John M. and grandfather Thomas R. I am from Meredith line in LA.

meredith

Marie Burnham (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 12:52PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2003 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: Meredith
I am a descendant of the Meredith family of Whitehall, Maryland. From my understanding, they were one of the original founders of the area in the 1600's. If I can help with any info, let me know.

Meridith

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 7:02PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2003 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Meridith
The earliest ancestor that I have identified is Rev. Thomas R. Meridith, b. 1/07/1803 in Fairplay, SC. Any information? Thanks for replying.

meredith

Marie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 2:14PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2003 2:27PM GMT
Surnames: Meredith, Gorsuch, Rockhold, Tipton
The info I have concerns a church in White Hall, MD called Meredith's Meeting Hall. It was deeded in 1819 by Samuel Meredith to Thomas Meredith, David Gorsuch, Jacob Rockhold, Charles Gorsuch, and others, who were trustees of West Liberty Church. I have a list of 182 contributors who donated money to build the church. The donations ranged from $100 from Samuel Meredith to 37 1/2 cents, donated by a slave.
In another family paper I have, it lists Thomas Meredith, born 1756 who married Sarah Tipton. They had 5 children: Elizabeth, Nancy, Susannah, Elinor, and Samuel. The list goes on. These are all MD descendants. Any help to what you are looking for?
Posted: 31 Jul 2000 5:28PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2003 2:30PM GMT
Surnames: Meredith, Washington
Have you ever heard that a Samuel Meredith loaned the fledging U.S.Government $28,000 to start as a new nation? And that either he or his father was a Brigadier General and Welsh? Supposedly he or his father was a friend of George Washington. Please reply. Thanks, Billie

meredith

Marie Burnham (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 5:09PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2004 2:52PM GMT
Dear Billie, I do not have that bit of info about Samuel Meredith. The Samuel in my family lines was born in 1796 and died in 1884. Is that the same person you are looking for? Let me know.

Samuel Meredith

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 6:44PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2004 2:53PM GMT
Sorry Marie, Guess it is not the same Samuel Meredith. He would have been an adult in the period of 1776. If you ever find a link there, please contact me. Thanks, Billie

Meredith

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 7:42PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2004 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Meredith, Faust
Hi Marie,
Thank you for replying. I'm not sure if your Samuel is an ancestor. The most distant Meredith I have been able to discover was Rev. Thomas R., married to Lucinda Adeline Faust. He was born in Fairplay. SC in 1803 and his father was John M. I have only recently started research on this branch of my father's maternal branch, so have little information other than they immigrated down through Mississippi to LA.

meredith

Marie (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 3:33PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2004 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: ,
Dear Linda,
I think this must be a different family or perhaps a distant relative that went to a different area. I don't have any info on anyone in SC or in the south at all. Sorry.

Geneology.When was Samuel Meredith born

Gwen (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 10:33PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2004 2:36PM GMT
I am in Fla..my grandparents were Samuel
Meredith.... perhaps, not the same as the
Samuel you are looking for...Gwen/Fla.
Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions