Search for content in message boards

Elijah Partlow b 28 Oct 1775 & William White, Patriot of the American Revolution

Elijah Partlow b 28 Oct 1775 & William White, Patriot of the American Revolution

Posted: 2 Apr 2004 2:17AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 26 Apr 2006 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Partlow, White, Phillips
I don't have additional info as yet on who this Patriot is, but perhaps from the additional info at the bottom of this post he can be further identified.

Virginia Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 12, No. 1, 1 Jan 1974, pages 3 & 4, [Abstracts from the John K. Martin papers]

John K. Martin, an attorney living in Richmond, served the state as a pension and claim agent for a long period of time during the mid-1800s. In the voluminous collection of his personal papers deposited in the VA State Archives are twelve boxes relating to Revolutionary War claims. These claims have been the basis for this series.

"Warrent No. 9281 for 202 - 6/11 acres issued on 6 March 1851 to Eliza F. Phillips, formerly Elisa F. White, Joseph R. White, William L. White, Albert W. White, and Ann F. Partlow, formerly Ann F. White, heirs-at-law of William White, dec'd."

additional information: This Ann White "of VA" [b 17 Jan 1790]married Elija Partlow [ b 28 Oct 1775]. Elija is the son of John 2 C. Partlow [ d 11 Feb 1789, Spotsylvania Co., VA] and Sarah Reynolds.

I have some additional information and am willing to share.

Additional information on this White, Partlow or Phillips line would be appreciated.

Marc Partlow

Re: Elijah Partlow b 28 Oct 1775 & William White, Patriot of the American Revolution

Joan Bradley (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2004 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Partlow
This Elijah Partlow was the son of John C. Partlow II (b. 1736 Caroline County, VA) & wife, Sarah. Father of John C. Partlow II was John C. Partlow I (b. 1710, Surrey, England; d. 14 March 1746 or 1747, probably in VA) & wife, Sarah Scott (b. ca 1715; d. after 1739).

I am a descendant of David Partlow, brother of John C. Partlow II and therefore uncle of your Elijah Partlow. Elijah Partlow had a family Bible which I am told still exists, which was the source of this data. I do not know the whereabouts of the Bible.

Re: Elijah Partlow b 28 Oct 1775 & William White, Patriot of the American Revolution

Jacqueline (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2004 6:38PM GMT
Virginia Historical Magazine p258,259,260.
Hanover County Cancery Will p164
Hope this will help. My line is John,Benjamin,Eliza H. This note was missed Ann White is Ann Thomas p 164

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 5:52PM GMT
I just happened to come across your message on the board. I also am a descendant of John C Partlow II. My line is John, Benjamin. Jacob, John H, Richard L, and John H. The last John H is my grandfather. I have a lot of information on this lineage if you would like it. I would like to know if you have Benjamin's wife's information? Jacob and his descendants moved to IN and then on to IL, which is where I am from.

Thank you.
Phyllis

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 5:57PM GMT
I am a descendant of John C Partlow II. I believe your Elijah Partlow would have been an uncle to my g.g.g. grandfather. I would like any information you can give me, so I can verify it with what I have.

Thank You
Phyllis Wagner

Colleen (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2005 3:58AM GMT
Dear Phyllis,

I am also descended from John Partlow. I would like to share information with you. I don't have very much but I will share what I have.

Thank you,

Colleen

Posted: 22 Sep 2005 9:27PM GMT
Surnames: PARTLOW, GESHNER
I am seeking information regarding Mildora PARTLOW, b. OH, d. between 1873 and 1880. She married Daniel Geshner and they had four children that I know of: John W, Anna Bell, Maggie May, and Lacy, all of whom lived at least a good deal of their lives in Indiana, the children having all been born in Indiana in the later 1860s and early 1870s. I have so far no connection to place "M. Partlow...Mildora" but have the subsequent lineage to share. Please contact me at mrspsp@dc.rr.com. Thank you.

Posted: 11 Jul 2007 6:23PM GMT
I have Benjamin's wife as Clara Barnes b.1764 Culpepper Va,d. 1797 Rappahannock Va her Parents were Leonard and Sarah Barnes both born in 1740. Benjamin was my GGGGGgrandfather, his granddaughter Mary m. Abner Hiers in 1840 give or take a few years, they lived around Clark Ill. I have some other info if anyone needs.

Leslie

Posted: 17 Jul 2007 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: Phillips/White/Partlow/Cason
Do you have any information on the Phillips/White connection? In my research the Phillips/White/Partlows have several that married.

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 12:23PM GMT
Surnames: Partlow, Carter, Day, Terry, Harrison
Looking for the parents of Ursula Partlow b. abt 1750 who married Elijah Carter of Spotsyvannia, Virignia December 13, 1782
per page

Find a board about a specific topic