Search for content in message boards

Andrew Pouder

Andrew Pouder

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 5:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 May 2013 10:27AM GMT

I am looking for any information concerning ANDREW POUTER a Sultana survivor.... he was born in Cincinnati Ohio. Any info would be helpful and appreciated. Mark

Re: Andrew Pouder

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: pouder
Andrew Pouder, private,50 th Ohio, was captured by the confederates at Franklin, Tenn. Was imprisoned at Cahaba, Ala and repatriated on the Sultana. He got off briefly at Memphis and returned with a sack of sugar to share with his starving buddies. When Sultana exploded he was scalded by the boiler's steam. Family tradition says he grabbed onto a floating sycamore log and hung on for four hours in the icy water. After being hospitalized he finally got back home, married, fathered three children and lived to 84 in Liberty, Indiana . Do you want his genealogy ? Glad to help.
George Pouder

ATTENTION gpouder !!!!!!

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 2:52AM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2014 2:54AM GMT
I would love any records you have of Andrew Pouder, he was born 150 yards out my back door here in Colerain Township, Cincinnati, Ohio. I have been researching him and his family now for 5 years. All My Thanks ...... Mark Wi

Re: ATTENTION gpouder !!!!!!

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 6:46PM GMT
Mark- Andrew and I have a mutual ancestor, Leonard Pouder, born at sea in 1730, settled in Maryland. I corresponded with the Ohio branch of our family (all dead now) and have Andrew's line of descent from Leonard. The Ohio Pouders went to Cincinnati in a covered wagon when it was still frontier in about 1820. Many of their offspring went west as the country expanded, eventually reaching the Pacific John P owned corner of 5th and Race in Cinny( now Macy's Dept Store) and moved out to Blue Rock Tpk in Colerain ,where many of them are buried. I can copy what I have and mail it directly to you. My email is rgpouder@verizon.net George Pouder
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions