Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Dunaway

Benjamin Dunaway

Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2002 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: Dunaway
Hi - I am looking for information on Benjamin Dunaway or Dunnaway who was listed in the population of Ft. Boonesborough in 1779 petition to VA for Land Grants. My gr.gr. grandfather was also Benjamin Dunaway, b. 1797 in KY according to 1850 Owsley Co Census. This part of Owsley Co was later Lee Co. which is located on the KY River, approx. 45 miles from Ft. Boonesborough. There was also a William Dunaway at Ft. Boonesborough and my Benjamin named his son William. I am at a block going backwards so am trying to see if I can connect up these people from the other direction! Any information greatly appreciated. Helen Dunaway Barker

Re: Benjamin Dunaway

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 12:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dunniway, Dunaway, Donway
From The Hunters of Kentucky: A Narrative History of America's First Far West, by Ted Franklin Belue
pg 293
I am grateful to genealogist William Dunniway, whose forebear Benjamin Dunaway survived Estill’s Defeat [March 1782 - RDH], and whose correspondence of Feb. 10, 1997, helped fill in the names of Estill’s militia.

See also Draper MS 13C: 38-59
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions