Search for content in message boards

Wilcoxen - No County Known

Wilcoxen - No County Known

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: Wilcoxen
We are looking for the birthplace of John Wilcoxen born 1822 in OH. Census records show that his father was born in Maryland. We are suspecting his father's name to be George Wilcoxen possibly born 1784. Any help would be appreciated.

John Wilcoxen

Dan Benson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
The history of poolesville(Md.) by Dona L. Cuttler.
page three."The house faced what was then called John Wilcoxen's road,later referred to as Coxen's road.Ihad just read this earlier today.The county was Montgomery and thereare still Wilcoxen names around.If this doesn't pan out try Anne Arundel co. My relatives the bensons and many other old Poolesville families came from A.A.co. particularly the South River colony area.Good luck.D.B.

Re: Wilcoxen - No County Known

Posted: 29 Apr 2002 12:20AM GMT
I am fairly certain that you John Wilcoxcen is in my line. (Lawton). Iam am also sure that his father was George and his mother was Lettice.

Posted: 29 Apr 2002 12:35AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2003 2:07PM GMT
Dear Patrick,
I had virtually eliminated George and Lettice as John Wilcoxen's father although we have looked at them carefully as John born 1822 appears to be older than the oldest child listed in one of the censuses. Also, his death certificate gives a mother's name as Catherine Crownen...or last name close to that. We have his obituary, too. Can you give me more details? We do have Lawtons here in St. Joseph Co., IN we think we are related to including Roy Lawton in his 70s.

Karen Sue Wilcoxen Davis (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2002 4:42PM GMT
George and Lettice Sanders Wilcoxen were my great-great grandparents. George was born in 1784 in Maryland died September 22, 1850 in Rush twp, Tuscarawas Co. Ohio - Lettice Sanders was gorn between 1787-1790 in Virginia. died June 22, 1870in Rush twp, Tuscarawas Co. Ohio - Gnadenhutten cemetery, Ohio. According to what I have their children were Leatha b 1815 Pennsylvania,married Joshua Davis January 24, 1833 accord to church records Gnadenhutten, Ohio. Thomas b 1826 Penn married Margaret Sibert in 1849, died Dec 8, 1890 buried Martin co. Ind.
Nancy b 1830 Penn, Ruth born 1832 Penn and Teranda b 1838 in Ohio.

Sharon Shawver (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2003 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Wilcoxen
My great - great grandparents were also George and Lettice Sanders Wilcoxen. George born in 1784 in Maryland d. 1870 in rush twp, Tuscarawas Co. Ohio. Their son Thomas b. 1826 was my great grandfather. I am searching for George's parents. Any information on George Wilcoxen's father would be appreciated.

Posted: 7 Jul 2003 3:00AM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2004 12:11AM GMT
I am researching the family of George and Lettice Wilcoxon. I have two possible lineage lines: Anthony Belt Wilcoxon who married Ruth Swearingen; he died and she remarried a Charles Burgess and settled in what is now WV; another possibility is Jesse Wilcoxon who married Elizabeth Claggett; they have a James Edmonstone Wilcoxon in their lineage. My great, great grandfather was James Edmonston Wilcoxon, son of George Wilcoxon and Lettice Sanders.

Would be delighted to hear from you.

Thanks,

Karen Harris

Doand Truex (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2003 2:12PM GMT
George died in 1850 and is buried in the Gnadenbuten Cemetary Tuscarawas Co. Oh. He died at age 66 from Palsy. Do you have a complete list of the children. I am looking for a John born 1822. We may be related.

Posted: 7 Jan 2004 7:37AM GMT
Please look at the reply posted for Lynette Mischel reguarding Wilcoxon's. The name and date you wanted are listed there.

Karen Davis (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2004 4:15AM GMT
Hi Karen: I have the names of all of George and Lettice Wilcoxon's children, etc. which one is your lineage? I have the following----John b abt 1660 prince george county, Maryland, Thomas b 1694/95 prince geo co, Md, Thomas Jr b 1725 prince geo, Md, John Belt b 1754 prince geo, Md, George b 1754 Md . I hope this helps you. Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions