Search for content in message boards

Wyatt Plantation

Wyatt Plantation

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 3:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ferrell, Hunter, Richardson, Carpenter, Clack, Person, Montague , Wiggins,
Just wonder if the Wyatts had any Plantations in North Carolina? What county were they located?

Thanks
Ressa

Re: Wyatt Plantation

Barry Wyatt (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2005 1:45AM GMT
At the end of the revolutionary war, John (Old Johnny) Wyatt turned in his land warrents that were given during the war, for land he owned at Williamsburg, and exchanged them for land in Davidson County, N.C. next to the Yadkin river. If that sparks any interest in you, then if you like, you can email me at (Barry_Wyatt@msn.com) and I'll share what I have with you regarding the Wyatt family from 1066 to the present day.
Have a great life.
Barry

Jerry Belisle (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2005 12:35AM GMT
Barry, do you have any info on Barnett or Barney Wyatt? His son was Pinkney Washington Wyatt born in Wilkes Co. N.C.They all showed up in the 1830 census in Washington Co. Va.. I can't find them before 1830. Barnett was my great, great, great grandfather. Thanks for any help.

Milton Wyatt (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2006 5:16AM GMT
Surnames: wyatt
I'm trying to trace my Wyatts but have only gotten back to James S Wyatt, born in KY late 1830 or early 1831. Served in the civil war in the 2nd or 3rd Kansas artillery unit. Discharged in Ft Smith, Ark around 1865 and home steaded there. He was my Great grand father.
If you have any info on him please help.

Barry Wyatt (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2006 7:12PM GMT
Milton, according to the info I have, a James Wyatt left N.C. with two brothers in the early 1800"s and moved to Ky. Perhaps he is the Father of the James Wyatt you have listed. Or even an uncle. If you have access to that info, then I can take you back to the early 1300's with the Wyatt family. If I can be of help in your quest, let me know.

Your Cousin,
Barry Wyatt

Re: Wyatt family

Kathy Grant (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2006 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Smmith, Wyatt
I am looking for info on a Cynthia Wyatt who married a John Smith in Aug. 1822 their oldest child was born in Jefferson Co. Tn.(William L. Smith) he is the oldest of 11 children. They moved to Campbell Co. Tn. abt. 1834 and the father died a year later. The family then moved to Claiborne Co., Tn. and the mother remarried, I think. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Pinkney Washington Wyatt

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 2:56PM GMT
Surnames: Wyatt Barnett
Hello, Jerry. I am researching the ancestors of Pinkney Washington Wyatt also. We have family who descended from Pinkney through his daughter, Sarah (Sallie) Wyatt; she had a son named Martin Wyatt in 1879 and another named Samuel Hale Wyatt in 1882 (she gave her children her own surname so may not have been married to the father); a third child was born but never appeared with her in the census. Samuel Hale Wyatt died in West Virginia in 1946 at the home of his son.

Have you made any progress in finding the Barnett Wyatt you believe is his father? Can you share your source with me on the name Barnett Wyatt? I can find only one -- a child Barnett Wyatt who died at age one year. I also find more recent Barnett Wyatts still in Wilkes Co., NC; one named William Barnett Wyatt, born 1892 Wilkes Co. NC, lived in McDowell Co. West VA, where Samuel Hale Wyatt died; this William Barnett Wyatt, born 1918, died in 1995, apparently had children who carried on the name Barnett too.

I find Pinkney Wyatts in Kentucky and Tennessee whose parents were born in North Carolina also.

Hope we can help each other!

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 8:25PM GMT
All 3 of the marriages in Washington Co., VA of Pinkney Washington Wyatt give the name of his father as Barnet(t) Wyatt. 2 of them state his mother as Eleanor; the 3rd saying Elizabeth. Barnet/Barnaby Wyatt and his wife, Eleanor, lived in Washington Co., VA and he is head of household on the 1830 census (age 50-60) while she is listed in 1840 indicating Barnet/Barnabas has died. In fact the "Washington County, Virginia Minutes of the Board of Overseers of the Poor 1826-1863" abstracted by Jack Hockett, Iberian Pub. Co., 1998, p. 21 says they voted $5.00 at the meeting of 20 June 1832 for making a coffin for Barney Wyatt. I can't trace him definitely before that 1830 census for Washington Co., VA; however, there are several items that are worth following. Pinkney was born in NC as were several other WYATT males that might also be sons of Barnett & Eleanor but who resided after 1850 in Smyth Co., VA
On the 1820 C for Nash Co., NC there is an entry for a "Bashaby" Wiatt (age 45 & over). Rowan Co., NC has several entries: Barabass is on the 1815 Tax List; Deed Bk. 19 shows a Barnet/Barnt witnessing 2 deed transfers in 1804; in 1815 a Barny Wyatt is on a jury; and in August 1816 a Baronet Wyatt is appointed by the court to be a Patroller in Capt. Cowan's Company. The IGI of the LDS Church has a Barnet Wyatt marrying a Nellie Willice in 1808 in Rowan Co., NC.
This is the information I've been able to findso far and hope it might help anyone who wants to research it further. I live in the hope a male descendant of Pinkney will do a DNA test so the descendants of the other male WYATT lines can try to match it.
Barbara

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 4:14AM GMT
Barbara, Thanks so much. I did have some of the info you sent. I did't have anything from N.C. I will work on someone about DNA testing. Thanks again Jerry

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Wyatt McCready Widener Martin Rolen
Thanks for all this information! It certainly does help put the pieces together.

I hope the DNA thing works out. Unfortunately the Wyatt I am helping with research actually got his Wyatt surname from his grandmother's maiden name (mother was Sarah/Sally F. Wyatt, daughter of Pinkney W. Wyatt), so his DNA would not be a good one to go after as it turns out because his dad was not a Wyatt. Here's the descendancy:

Barnett Wyatt & Eleanor
Pinkney W. Wyatt & Margaret Martin (first wife)
Sarah F. (Sally) Wyatt (1860- ?) -- gave her surname, not the father's surname McCready, to her children (Martin & Samuel Wyatt and one other child, name not known)
Samuel Hale Wyatt (1882-1946)& Virginia Widener
Robert Hale Wyatt (1913- ) & Bertha Rolen
Robert Gene Wyatt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions