Search for content in message boards

ATHER or ETHIER

ATHER or ETHIER

Posted: 31 Jul 2002 7:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ATHER or ETHIER
Can you help me? I am looking for information on HENRY JOSEPH ATHER b: 25 May 1887 d: 4 Feb 1916 or JOSEPH HENRY ATHER b: 18 Feb 1861 d: 25 Mar 1939 of northern Vermont or Bedford, Quebec, Canada. My email address is candyputman@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Re: ATHER or ETHIER

Posted: 24 Dec 2003 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: ethier, akey
My great great great grandfather was Joseph Ethier and would have been born around that time, from Quebec. He married Rose Delmar and moved to Rudolph Wisconsin (his grave is there) where their name was changed to Akey.

Possible relation????
lindaakey@comcast.net

Posted: 27 Feb 2008 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: Ather, Miner, Larravee
Joseph Henry Ather was born 2-18-1861 at Bedford Canada and died 3-25-1939 in Burlington VT. Do you need more information? If so please feel free to ask, I have the siblings and parents and a bunch of births marriages and deaths.

Colleen
curranlewis@yahoo.com

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Ather, Colby
Melinda (Ather)Colby was my greatgrandmother. You mentioned that you had information on the siblings?
I would love to see what information you have. I
have wonderful pictures of a family reunion that had
COLBY and ATHER, etc. if you are interested.

Hope to hear back from you. I live in White River Jct.,

Susan Audy

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 9:18PM GMT
Joseph Henry Ather died in Burlington at the Mary Fletcher Hospital. Funeral services were at the Methodist Episcopal church.He was born 2/18/1861, 19 children were born to his parents and he was the oldest of the 11 that lived beyond infancy. In 1882 he married Effie Boiselle and they had two children. I believe he is buried in Hope Cemetery at Waterbury, Vermont.

Colleen

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: ATHER, FARNHAM, MINER
Thank you for the reply. I found that Sophia Ather married after the death of her 1st husband Joseph. She married Joseph Farnham. They are all buried Holy Cross Cemetery in Duxbury, Vt. I have obits for Sophia, children: William, Edmund, and Melinda. I have full dates of deaths for Sophia (Ather) Merchant (8 Jun 1950 and Nellie (Ather) Turner (d. 4 Jun 1947) Do you have full dates of deaths for the other siblings? I do know that Eliza (Ather) Miner d. 1926 in Berlin, NY and is interred in Center Berlin Baptist cemetery in Berlin, NY. Would like to get any other information that you may have on the Ather line. I also wonder why Edmund kept the spelling of AITHER and the others seem to have kept the spelling ATHER?

Susan Audy

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: ETHER, ATHER, AITHER, MARSHALL
You had mentioned you had info on the siblings. Was Eli
b. abt. 1859 the oldest of the children? He is listed as a servant for the Marshall family in Waterbury, age 21 and his
sister, Melinda is a servant also, age 14. The spelling of
the last name for 1880 Waterbury census was ETHER.

Thanking you for any further info.

Susan Audy
White River Jct., VT

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 12:18AM GMT
Melinda (Colby) b. 6-15-1866 at Braintree, VT, d.5-16-1935 at Burlington, VT. She Marred Vernon (Burnham) Colby and they had four children. George, Harvey, Curtis (married Mina Decell) and Percy. She is buried in Hope Cemetery, Watbury, VT. Melinda was the third child to Joseph and Sophia.

I have no record of a child by the name of Eli.

Colleen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions