Search for content in message boards

Ralph Blankenship

Ralph Blankenship

Posted: 14 Nov 2005 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blankenship, Clay, Wilson
I'm looking for information on the ancestry & siblings of Ralph Blankenship. He was born 1662 in Cumbria, England & came to Henrico Co., VA 1686-1687. He married Martha Clay (d/o Charles Clay & Hannah Wilson). Ralph died 1714 in Henrico Co., VA. There were 5 children: William, RIchard, Ralph, John, & James. I have a pretty extensive file on Ralph & Martha's descencents (which I'm happy to share). But I'm hoping someone has info on Ralph's ancestry. Thanks.

Re: Ralph Blankenship

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 8:14PM GMT
I am from that line so I have been told and all the paper work I have read.
Ralph Blankenship so I have read from Cumbrin , England.
iBlankenship in America. In 1640 Ralph was named in a patent issued to a Ralph Holt for 700 acea, any way his son name was also Ralph.
The (2) Ralph was actually the American his father was the one born in England.
I woluld be very happy for any info you could help me with.
Please e- mail me direct.
dickdee@peoplepc.com
Thank you
D.

Ely C. Schultz (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2005 8:15PM GMT
I am from that line so I have been told and all the paper work I have read.
Ralph Blankenship so I have read from Cumbrin , England.
iBlankenship in America. In 1640 Ralph was named in a patent issued to a Ralph Holt for 700 acea, any way his son name was also Ralph.
The (2) Ralph was actually the American his father was the one born in England.
I woluld be very happy for any info you could help me with.
Please e- mail me direct.
dickdee@peoplepc.com
Thank you
D.

Posted: 1 Dec 2005 4:00AM GMT
Hi, my husband is from this same line. I have been searching this line for several years now and am just now finding things. From everything I have come across there is very little information known about the Blankenships before Ralph came to the US. One of the most informative sights I have come across is Don Blankenships website. the url is as follows;

http://freepages.family.rootsweb.com/~kallenbach/index33..ht...

It has alot of information. You mentioned that you have a lot of information on Ralph's ancestor's. I am trying to locate the children of Womack Blankenship. He was the son of Ralph Blankenship III and Edith Nunnally. He was born about 1751 and died about 1831. He was born in Virginia but may have died in Mississippi. If you have any info. on him I would appreciate it. My husbands line stems from Ralph III and I would be happy to share anything I have that you may not.

Thanks,
Christina Blankenship

Autumn Blankenship Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2006 9:25AM GMT
This is my direct line also.....My line is as follows
Ralph b. about 1662 England
Richard b. about 1691 in VA
Peter Sr. b. about 1725 in VA
Richard b. about 1765 in Mercer Co. VA now WV
Malinda b. 1813
John Almarine b. 1851 in Mercer Co. VA/WV
Henry Harrison b. 1893
Harrison Sr. b. 1922
Harrison Jr. b. 1948
Myself b. 1975

I have lots and lots of names in my direct line....I have some information on others but not as much as my direct line...I can share :)

Posted: 31 Jan 2007 7:31PM GMT
Autumn, I haven't been online in quite a while as you can tell. I would love to see what info you have compared to what I have. Email me at cblankenship@mcpss.com and we'll chat :)

Posted: 13 Aug 2013 9:43AM GMT
Oh my. My husband is kin to blankenchips too and beeches. That's my main reason to research both family's . My mom is a beech and his aunt is a blankenchips. I hope this is not incest lol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions