Search for content in message boards

Cherokee Nation

Cherokee Nation

Posted: 1 Oct 2005 12:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Massey
I am finding a lot of Cherokee indians in my ancestory. If you are a Massey and have Cherokee ancestor please contact me at raymassey@comcast.net so that I can start a list of Masseys....with Cherokee ancestors....

Re: Cherokee Nation

Posted: 26 Nov 2005 9:50AM GMT
Surnames: massey
hello my great grandmother was a massey she was of cherokee line .her name was nora .e. massey her father was william mayberry massey wife was sarah j gibbs. william was born in haywood n.car died in idaho i have alot of pictures of them they were very much cherokee but in those days they would not tell of it i just do not see how they passed as white....well i have more info ..we do not have williams father's info my second cousin has papers of the family line we have 1900 census copy.swain county charleston n. carolina .are we related...

ray massey (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2005 5:38PM GMT
We may have a common ancester. My gggrandfather was from Wake county NC. His name was Berry Thomas Massey. His family moved to Henry county Ga just south of Atlanta. Then after the civil war my g grandfather went to Texas in 1878. He had an Cherokee Indian wife. I suspect that alot of my ancestors took Indian wifes. My g grandmother was from Piegion Forge Tenn. In the 1940s my grandfather went to visit some relatives on the reservation in Ok. I wish I knew that story. By the way my ggrandfather and grandfather were both named William

christine gainey (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2005 12:20PM GMT
hi ray my great grandpa his family all lived in henderson county my grandpa was born in andrews n .carolina his mom was nora massey her husband william rochester his father who's wife also was a cherokee. nora was born in 1886 her dad william mayberry massey he was born in haywood county n.car in the papers i have 10% of the cherokee came from virginia and tenn. well let's try to help one another you can e-mail me anytime off this site if you want...thank's christine

Kathryn Massey Rady (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2005 4:36AM GMT
Surnames: Massey, Wolfe, Lovette
I haven't been able to substantiate the Cherokee, but was told my father's grandmother was born on a Cherokee reservation in Arkansas. Her name was Katie Lovette, and I believe she was my Grandfather's mother. He was Bruce Angelo Massey, father is Robert D. Massey and one of my brothers is also Ray Massey. Grandfather born in Montreal, Father, Uncles & Aunt born in W.Va and Indiana. Grandmother was Margaret Wolfe Massey of W.Va., and possibly this was her mother. I've run into dead ends, and no relatives left to add more clues.

There are striking Indian looks in my Dad, & his brother Charles - lean, dark, high cheekbones, but both other brothers, George & Bruce and aunt Helen were very broad faced and florid, with blond/reddish hair.

David (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2006 3:55AM GMT
I'm trying to trace my family of Massey's from Indiana (supposedly with Cherokee ancestry) can any of you help me?

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: massey, hart, coffin, Compton
Does anyone out there have any information on a 'Maberry(mayberry)Massey b SC about 1811... Was in Indiana on 1850 census, married Lydia Pegg. His daughter Margaret married Jesse S Coffin, his grandaughter Ruth America Coffin married John W Hart.

Who were Maberry's parents?

Thanks, Dixie

Posted: 30 May 2008 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: Massey/Kidd/Adams - Chelsea, OK
My maternal grandmother was Blance Kidd (Cherokee Roll #32744). She was the last of our family to receive subsidies from the sale of the Cherokee land. Her mom, Julia Adams, was a full-blood Cherokee. Julia's husband, Felix Kidd, was 1/16 Cherokee (Nation Roll #32741).

There are several full-blood Cherokees on both the Adams and Kidd side, and that blood was mixed with the Masseys when Earl married Blanche (Blanchia Kidd).

My mom (Earlena Massey Ridgeway) and all three of us kids have Cherokee Nation cards when the rolls were opened up several years ago...first time since 1906.

Hope this helps...will have my Gencom file uploaded soon.

Judy Ridgeway Frandsen
frandsen@copper.net

Posted: 31 May 2008 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Massey, Rochester
I was told my whole life that I was Cherokee, but there was never any definitive proof provided. We have native american features in a number of areas. It has carried through to my children and grandchildren. but I have no family connections, pictures identified to me as a child as indian relatives were gone by the time my parents died. I would just like to be able to confirm my identity.
Father: Alphus Massey b, 4-1-1917, Pendleton S, Carolona
his father: Walter Daniel Massey
his mother: Sallie Rochester Massey b:1899 in S. Carolina, d: 1970 in Georgia
My father grew up in Thomaston, Ga. My grandfather was foreman of the cotton mill.

Any one with any information, please contact me,
Donna Massey Chamberlain
donna.chamberlain@gmail.com

Posted: 5 Jul 2008 12:48PM GMT
Surnames: Massey/Massee
Ray,

My ancestor is Anna Massee who was married to John H Vincent. I am told that she could have had indian blood. She was born in Virginia and married in Tennessee in 1819. Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cinda Chapman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions