Search for content in message boards

McCullough's from South Carolina or Mississippi

McCullough's from South Carolina or Mississippi

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 1:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
My Great Grandfather, Hugh Green McCullough, was born in South Carolina around 1822. I know that he had one brother named Sam (or Samuel) and another one named Warren. Their father was born in Miss. and their mother in Tenn. according to a census record. Hugh came to Texas after the civil war and Warren and Sam went elsewhere. Supposedly, the 3 brothers agreed that when they had kids that they would name them after the other brothers. If anyone has these names and places in your family history, please let me know. I know it is not much, but all we have. Thanks.

Re: McCullough's from South Carolina or Mississippi

Posted: 25 May 2009 9:06PM GMT
You will find a Warren Mccullough and a list of children if you do a search in Pike County Ms.

Posted: 27 May 2009 3:40PM GMT
Thank you for responding. Can you tell me what site you went to when you found a Warren McCullough? Thanks.

Posted: 27 May 2009 4:04PM GMT
The Warren Mccullough that I found is on migrations.org.It gives his parents and his children names.I found it searching for Elijah Mccullough who is one of my Great Great Grandfathers.I have not been able to confirm that Warrens son Elijah is the right one.He is about the correct age but my people came from northern Mississippi.

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 5:38AM GMT
Grandfather Robert McCullough is from Vicksburg Mississippi, I live in Georgia becuase my mother stayed here once he finished boot camp.

Posted: 10 Feb 2011 6:25PM GMT
Surnames: McCullough in Mississippi
Ben and Patsy were probably married in Pike Co (southern MS) and later moved to Newton/Neshoba Cos, MS (mid-eastern part of the State up around where I40 is now). John and Nancy (sister of Martha) also moved into roughly the same area. I'm descended from William McCullough (m. Sarah Warren, sister of Nancy and Martha). I have contacts in the other two branches of this family.

Posted: 7 May 2012 4:29PM GMT
I am the 4th great grand daughter of Warren and Perlina. Any information you might have on their family would be wonderful.

I was able to locate their grave site last year and would love to put some reason as to why it is located were it is.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 3:59PM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2013 4:01PM GMT
I am the ggggranddaughter of John and Nancy Mccullough. I have information on the McCulloughs of Neshoba County, Mississippi I can share with you. I also, have information on Nancy Warren, John's wife and her family.
Looking forward to sharing our information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic