Search for content in message boards

THE PEOPLE OF REDDIES RIVER

THE PEOPLE OF REDDIES RIVER

Reiley Kidd (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SARTAIN, SHEPPARD, ROBINS
Looking through old issues of the Wilkes Co., NC Genealogical Society Bulletin, I came across the following [vol. 8, issue 4, p. 16, 1978]:
"The People of Reddies River" (abstracts of the Reddies River Primitive Baptist Church records) - "some of the families prominent in this strategic area of Wilkes Co., NC were McNeil, SHEPHERD, Judd, Baker, Vannoy, Kilby, Irwin, Parsons, Woody, Jennings, SARTIN, Whittington, etc."
The brief mention implies that a future resource was going to be published later on this area.
I want to know if this publication is now available? Thanks.

The People of Reddies River

Jean Roope Bryan (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Roope, Wiles, Byrd, Wyatt
I believe "Early Settlers on the Reddies River" is what you are looking for. It was written by Paul W. Gregory adn can be purchased from the Wilkes Genealogical Society, P. O. Box 1629, N. Wilkesboro, NC 28659 for $20 plus $3 for shipping. It contains 205 pages of information about the families that settled in that area and is worth every penny!!

Re: THE PEOPLE OF REDDIES RIVER

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: jennings
is there much inf. on a john jennings- ( probably moved to wilkes co. from va) thanks shauna

Diana Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2006 6:58PM GMT
Not familiar with this name, but will keep my eye open and notify you at any findings.

Posted: 23 Mar 2009 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Wooten/Whooten/Wootton etc., etc/
Do you have anything regarding the Wootens? Specifically, Abner Wooten... See land trx below:
3 Oct. 1796 ...30 shillings for every 100 A. ..Grant Charles Gordon, Senr. 61,227 acres..on top Blue Ridge head Reddis River..at an old road on a ridge near James Shepherds line...Crossing Middle fork Reddis River at upper and Shepherds Plantation...George Owen's line...N. fork Reddis River..S. to Francis Vannoys corner...Abner Woottons corner..on Walter Browne line..N. to John P. Waterscorner...to said Walter Browns corner Mulberry Creek...George Barkers corner..Hezekiah Barkers line..Jonathan Stampers line S fork Roaring River..George
Wheatleys line...Joel Stampers line..Jess Gambills line..Top of Knob on first mentioned Ridge..head Cranberry Creek..Robert Nalls corner..William Clarks
corner on Cranberry Creek..to General Lenoirs line..Esquire Fletchers line..Joseph Yorks line..Thomas Paynes corner..fork Little Peak Creek..to top first mentioned
Ridge...
Wilkes County Deed Book

Thanks in advance!

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 4:30AM GMT
Where is the Reddies River? I am looking for information on Sarah Katherine Lambert Farrington Minton. Her death certificate says she died in Reddies River township.

Posted: 3 May 2009 4:10PM GMT
The Reddies River Twpshp is in Wilkes County, NC. I don't have an exact pinpoint location but it is in the general area north of North Wilkesboro, NC If you use Reddies River, NC as a keyword search on Google or Yahoo it will bring up a little bit of info. I have see several maps that put it in different locations in that general area and that is why I am not certain yet exactly where it is. I plan to contact a library, realtor or someone of the like that might give me more info. Good luck in your search.

Re: The People of Reddies River

Posted: 22 Aug 2009 6:00AM GMT
do you know if the Lovett's are mentioned as early settlers in Reddies River?

Re: The People of Reddies River

Posted: 22 Aug 2009 6:00AM GMT
do you know if the Lovett's are mentioned as early settlers in Reddies River?

Posted: 22 Aug 2009 8:19PM GMT
You may find Reddies River Primitvie Baptist Church on some maps between old Hwy 16 and Hwy 16, near Vannoy and Colvard Roads in Wilkes Cty. Also near old Wilbar community.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions