Search for content in message boards

Pattison Family

Pattison Family

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying my hand at tracing my family and was hoping someone would have some info on the Pattison family. My maiden name was Pattison. I know I amrelated to James T Pattison through a Benjamin Pattison. My grandfather was Coy Pattison and his dad was Benjamin Pattison.
I know at one time there was a hardbound blue book that listed the family heritage along with the names of the slaves ont eh plantation. Does anyone have a copy of that book?
If anyone has any info that could help me link the familt together I would appreciate it.
Kelly Pattison Schumann

Re: Pattison Family

Posted: 15 Apr 2002 5:20AM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2002 4:19AM GMT
I have the book, A History of Waller County, Texas
It has a section on James Tarrant Pattison. Let me know what info you are needing.
Barbara

KellySchumann (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2002 7:37PM GMT
Barbara,
I just bought that book on ebay and am awaiting arrival. Thank you so much though. :)

Kelly Pattison Schumann

Posted: 29 Aug 2002 11:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2002 4:01PM GMT
The book you are seeking was written and published by Cora Pattison Haskew. The title is "Historical Documents of Austin and Waller Counties" Mrs. Haskew is no longer with us but it is an excellent documentation of the Pattison family. You can get it through Interlibrary Loan.
There are descendants of James T. Pattison living in Pattison, TX. You could call the Waller County Museum in Brookshire, Texas and the Director will give you the names of your relatives livng in Pattison.

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 9:57PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2006 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: Callicott
Kelly,
Do you have any information on Ben Pattison being in the Texas Rangers? I am researching my ancestor William Callicott from the Pattison area and in his memoirs he mentions Ben as one of his "mess mates". There is also a picture of William and Ben and two other rangers in Chuck Parsons book, "Pidge" A Texas Ranger From Virginia.
You can read William's memoirs at
http://www.texasranger.org/dispatch/4/CallicottII.htm

Dave
smithdrjwr@ev1.net

Posted: 8 Aug 2003 7:14PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Edited: 16 Feb 2004 8:36PM GMT
hi my grand father is Guy Dodd who married Ella Taylor. her parents were Edward Taylor and Bertha Stevens. she had sons named Homer L. Taylor, Everett Taylor , Lester Taylor.Edward had a brother names Ernest Taylor of North Dakota.Bertha had a uncle or Brother names Howard Stevens. Edward was born in Iowa and married about 1905. Edward parents Frank Taylor and Ella Pattison. not sure on the last name spelling of ella pattison. Bertha Stevens parents are James L Stevens and Cora Bell Loomer she was born in minnesota abt.1887. can you help?

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 6:40AM GMT
Surnames: Pattison, Martin
Regarding the Pattison family of Waller Co. Am trying to trace Mattie Pattison, born l873 to Benjamin Cherris Pattison and Georgeann Barker or Baker. Mattie married Isaac Martin in Freestone Co Tex in l893.

Benjamin believe born in Waller Co in l847...the son of a John Pattison. Will exchange information.

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 7:46PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, Keel, Pattison
Hey Kelly, This is Tracy Baker. We use to correspond about 5 years ago about the Pattison's. Email me back if you still are interested in family information

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 7:47PM GMT
I too am a Pattison decendant. Could you copy the info on James Pattison and email it to me

Posted: 26 Mar 2010 3:17PM GMT
If you are interested, the book was written by my great aunt, CORRIE Pattison Haskew (not Cora). My mother is Corrie Pattison Tatum, and I am Corrie Susanne Tatum McCurry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions