any help,

Cristina Mahon
hmahon@ix.netcom.com

Patrick Co., Va Hendrick Family

Posted: 25 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Hendricks
Your Hendricks is probably son, or close relative of James Hendricks, who father was Rev. War Vet. Zachariah Hendricks, Severla of James' children married into Willis family. Part of family thru my gg grandfather, Rufus, came to Boone County, West Virginia.

Hendricks family

Cristina Mahon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Ron,

I would be very interested in finding more information about
this Hendricks family. Family history says that Richard D.
Hendricks was the son of Jim Hendricks and Lisa Kerry/Cary.
I have never been able to verify this. So, could you tell me
how to find out more about the James Hendricks (son of
Zacariah Hendricks) that you mention above? Do you have
details on his children or any pointers. Supposedly the Jim
Hendricks I am trying to find had the following children:
James, John, Richard and Martha, based on family history
again.

I would love to get more information on this family.
Thank you very much for replying to my posting and I look
forward to corresponding with you.

Cristina Mahon
hmahon@ix.netcom.com

Hendricks Family

Posted: 15 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Hendricks, Workman
From Smith-Riffe Collection @ WVA State Archives:

James Hendricks was son of Zachariah Hendricks. He married Lucy Workman. Children were: (1)James Madison, (2)Jane, who married Nathanial McMillian, (3)George Washington, who married Letha Willis, (4)William Lee, who married Jane Willis, (5)Permelia Ann, who married Granville Willis, brother of Letha and Jane, (6)Alfred, who married a Young, (7)Henry Jackson,who went to Missouri, (8)Jefferson never married and died at Martha Rogers, (9)Martha married John Rogers, (10)Rufus Ludwell, my greatgrandfather, who married Mary Frances Lafferty, (11)Letha Maria died unmarried, and Lucy, who married Floyd Gunnel. While I have information of Rufus' decendants, I would appreciate Info on others. Zachariah's application for Rev. War pension, dated 4/25/1820 states he enter on duty from Pittsylvania in 1779. I believe his wife was Mary Owens, married to Zach 9/21/1795 in Montgomery Co., Va, Ref: page 905 of Part 1, "Annals of Southwest Virginia".

Hendrick-Willis link

Posted: 26 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2002 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: Hendrick, Willis
The Letha Willis of Patrick County who married George Washington Hendrick was the daughter of GrEEnsville Willis.
His will is in the patrick Co courthouse.

R.D.Hendricks

William H. Hendricks (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
R.D.Hendricks of Patrick County Va. is my Great Grandfather.according to a civil war pension application he was born in Charlotte County Va.from what i can tell by the application he was 67 yrs old in 1908.His son Lilburn Moore Hendricks was the father of my dad Lilburn Perkins Hendricks.
R.D.Hendricks is buried in a Smith family grave yard in Ararat Va. He served in the King William Artillary of the C.S.A. as a teamster. At the end of the war he surrendered at an area then known as The Hollows on the Va. N.C. border on rt. 103 between Mount Airy N.C. and Claudville Va.

Hendricks

William Hendricks (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hendricks, Jessup, Deatherage
Harrold ,

My Hendricks ancestors, R.D.Hendricks etc. settled in Patrick Co. at the end of the civil war, He surrendered at the Hollows Va. near the Virginia/North Carolina line on the present HWY103 between Mt. Airy N.C. and Claudville Va.
He was not born in Patrick but according to his civil war pension application in Charlotte Co. Va. and i believe his family settled in Campbell Va. around Brookneal and naruna.
It's Ron Coopers post that is connected with Zachariah Hendricks. Good Luck
William

Hendricks in Patrick

WIlliam Harrold (View posts)
Surnames: Hendricks, Harrold
Are the Henndricks (Zachariah or others) relate to those in Stokes County in the early 1800's? They included Nicholas, David, William, and perhaps Moses. Nancy Hendricks married Elijah Harrold April 20, 1812 in Stokes, and we believe that he died in Patrick County in 1850, according to the Mortality Schedule of the 1850 Census. Could anyone help?

William Sealighter@aol.com

Zachariah Hendricks

William Harrold (View posts)
Surnames: HENDRICKS, HARROLD
Dear Ron,

Please check my new post as of September 6, 2000. I look forward to hearing from you.
William Harrold Sealighter@aol.com

Zachariah Hendrick

Posted: 27 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2003 3:59PM GMT
Surnames: Hendrick, Willis, Marshall, Puckett
Zachariah Hendrick from Patrick County is my gggg grandfather. My research on this family shows that son James married Lucy EKLUM. I have a death certificate for Permelia Hendrick showing that as her mother's name. My gg grandfather was William DANIEL Hendrick, Permelia's brother. He died in the Civil War, so there was no death certificate available for him. He married Jane Willis, daughter of Greenville Willis. Please e-mail me if you'd like my information on the lines I have researched.
Sandy Boyer Barnes (Mom was a Hendrick).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions