Search for content in message boards

DuBay:John,wf Calista,dau Libbie

DuBay:John,wf Calista,dau Libbie

Katheryne (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DuBay, Dubois, Duranso, Duranceau
Searching for any information regarding, or possible connection to, this family.

Libbie DuBay, b. 1870, m. Henry Duranso, aka Duranceau, 16 Nov 1890 in Lincoln County. Mrs. C. DuBay, age 62, widow, b. VT, with son Henry, age 32, b. WI, a log driver, found on 4th St. in Tomahawk City on the 1900 Lincoln Co. Census.

Have found references that DuBay was aka Dubois, part Indian. Mrs. C. might be Calista, possible second wife of John. John might be the John B. DuBay, died 1887, maybe in Marathon or Portage County.

Except for the 1900 census, my data is unsubstantiated, so ANY clues will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time. Katheryne

Parents confirmed. Need more re Libbie

Katheryne (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DuBay, Dubee', Duranso, Duranceau
Recent info proves Libbie is d/o John Baptise DuBay, aka Dubee', and 2nd wife, Calista. Also proves m. date to Henry Duranso.

Searching for more info regarding Libbie and Henry. Also need address to write for Tomahawk City, Lincoln Co. cemetery(ies).

Thanks for any assistance.

Libbie DuBay - Henry Duranso Married Nov. 16, 1890

Posted: 20 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: DURNASO, DU BAY, LOCKHART
Dubay, Libbie, Nov. 16, 1890 Vol. 2, Page 96 Marriage, Lincoln Co., WI Certificate #379

Husband:
Henry Duranso
Residence: Dancy, Marathon Co., WI
Race/ White
Birthplace: Town of Oplain, WI [Eau Pleine]
Father: Lewis Duranso
Mother: Josephine Duranso

Marriage Date: Nov. 16, 1890

Wife:
Libbie Dubay
Race: White
Birthplace: Town of Oplain, WI [Eau Pleine]
Father: John Dubay
Mother: Celesta Dubay

Place of Marriage: Rock Falls, Lincoln Co., WI --Tomahawk, WI

Witnesses: Henry Dubay & Mrs. Ella Door
Note: "the parties are not related & no objection to their marriage"

DIVORCE RECORD:

Elizabeth Duranco- Plaintiff
H. Duranco - Defendant

Divorce: Volume 4, Page 5, Case #1845

These records are kept at the repository at Stevens Point, WI - Area Reseach Center
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Stevens Point, WI 54481

Ph 715-346-2586

e-mail archives@uwsp.edu

I checked the death index for Dubay, Duranco & Lockhart, and found nothing in Lincoln Co.

Libbie's second marriage said to be to a Henry Lockhart. I checked the marriage index for Henry Lockhart & Libby Dubay, Dubee and Duranco and found nothing in Lincoln Co.

Thanks to all helpers

Katheryne (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Many thanks to all the folks that assisted me. Now have all that I need regarding this family.

Jean Baptitste Dubay

Posted: 7 Oct 2004 3:04PM GMT
I have extensive research on Jean Baptiste Dubay. Be careful of what is posted on the internet from the Portage County Historical Society. Research was incomplete and assumptions drawn that are inaccurate. Also, Krugs book has nothing in it after the trial in Madison, and I have alot after that. I also have researched information on his early life. Dubay is buried about 3 miles from my home, we live at the head of Lake Dubay, thus my research for our township. Willing to share all I have.

Re: DuBay:John,wf Calista,dau Libbie

Posted: 11 Oct 2005 7:11PM GMT
I am related to Calista Jessey DuBay. This is what I know:
Calista Jessey b. June 10, 1832, died 9-7-1920. Daughter of Calista Sampson, b. 1810 in Vermont , married to Peter Jessey in 1829 in Vermont. They had 7 children, of which I have found 4.
Calista Jessey married John Baptiste DuBay (b. 1810 in Green Bay, WI, Died 1-11-1887 in Knowlton, WI) married ~1853. They had about 8 children, including Libbie. born in Eau Pleine, WI.

There are several articles about John DuBay in the Steven's Point Daily Journal. Including his obit. He was tried for murder and released on a technecality. He was the son of Louis DuBay, from Canada and the son of the daughter of the Menominee Indian Chief OshKosh, (I don't know her name)
Check out this website:
http://www.pchswi.org/archives/bios/dubayswives.html

Libbie's sister was Huron, who married George Hayner, I found her info in the Daily Journal also. I hope this helps.
Angela Jessey Castile

Re: Jean Baptitste Dubay

Posted: 11 Oct 2005 7:14PM GMT
Would you share what you know about Calista Jessey, wife of John DuBay?

Also do you have the name of his mother?

Any help would be appreciated!
Angela Jessey Castile

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: Dubay
Of course, we are stuck at tracing John Baptist Dubay back past his father. Does anyone have that information?
Thanks.
Joe Dubay

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 5:02PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Jessey/DuBay/Burt
Hello -

I attempted to email you aside from the "message board" but apparently your address is missing after the "@..."

My great, great uncle was Jean DuBay (his second wife was our great, great aunt Calista Jessey) and I am in the process of deeply researching his life. I note both DuBay and Peter Jessey were buried in the same cemetery. How appropriate.

My family is from Wisconsin. We were all born and raised there. Fred Burt married Calista's sister, Selestia Eliza Jessey. I would love to return and walk the land once more but at this point the distance from Seattle is too great.

Presently I am deeply involved in researching his entire life in order to re-write the book.

I would be VERY interested in all the information you have regarding DuBay's life (and his family with Calista) after the trail in Madison as well as his early life. Do you have any photos or access to them?

If you email me at: kingrwhowho@yahoo.com
I can give you my home mailing address.

Thank you so much -
Linda Burt (I kept my maiden name)

Posted: 8 Jan 2014 8:16AM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2014 8:22AM GMT
What cemetery is Peter Jessey buried in? I am the great great granddaughter of Peter. Your help is greatly appreciated. I have a letter from F.W. Burt aka Celeste Jessey to her brother Peter in my family records and Civil War discharge papers form Peter
Cheryl Turner
per page

Find a board about a specific topic