Search for content in message boards

Baines from England

Baines from England

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2001 10:17AM GMT
My great Grandmother was Elizabeth Alice Baines - daughter of Charles Joseph Baines. Any querries please to christine_stonecraft@hotmail.com

Thanks
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 5:21PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 11:55PM GMT
I have an Elizabeth Banes Daughter b. 1819 in Pemberton Lancashire daughter of Alice Baines(they keep changing the spelling. Any Relation????Joyce

Re: Baines from England

Posted: 30 Sep 2001 9:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2003 11:49PM GMT
Where are they from and what dates ?

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 2:17AM GMT
The Charles Joseph Baines, master plumber, of Manchester, England, who married Sarah Meacham, aka Meetcham, was my Great-Grandfather. I have a 1939 copy of my Grandfather's birth certificate in front of me as I type.

Charles Joseph Baines definitely had three sons; Thomas, who was my grandfather; Charles William who went to live with his wife Jane, known as Jenny, in Sydney, Australia, and George. Other probable siblings are Walter, Henry, Arthur, and Ivy Rose. At the moment I don't have an Elizabeth but I am taking time getting into this and don't like spending money.

My grandfather was also a plumber and I'm not bad at it either, but working for the Post Office also appears to be a family trait.

My mother always told me I had relatives in the US and AUS so let's see.

Posted: 26 Sep 2013 7:26PM GMT
I have Baines family who were living in Chorlton-cum-Hardy in 1901 (Henry Baines b Sedgley 1860, m Ann, 1 child that I know of Sarah Ann Baines born Fenton Stoke on Trent 1889), Manchester, and at Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire (just outside Manchester) but I know nothing of their descendants.

Warren Baines
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions