Search for content in message boards

obit for S.G. Denmark

obit for S.G. Denmark

tigerlily =';'= (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2002 5:01PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
The following obit is here with permission of the Bradford County Telegraph, in Bradford County, Fla.

S.G. Denmark

GAINESVILLE-Stephen George "S.G." Denmark Sr., 83, of Gainesville died Saturday, May 11, 2002, at North Florida Rehabilitation and Specialty Care Center following an extended illness.

Born in Bradford County, Mr. Denmark was a lifelong resident of Bradford County before moving to Gainesville two years ago. He was owner/operator of Denmark Furniture and served in the United States Army during World War II. He was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Starke, the American Legion Post #56 and Bradford Lodge #35 F&AM for more than 60 years.

Mr. Denmark is survived by: his wife Ernestine M. Denmark of Gainesville; a daughter Joyce Denmark Sanderson of Gainesville; a son Stephen G. Denmark Jr. of Kingsley Lake; a sister Lucile Purdy of Lake City; a brother Dr. J.E. Denmark of Starke; three grandchildren, Stephen G. Denmark III of Kingsley Lake, Stephanie Sanderson of Richmond, Va. and Joe Sanderson of Gainesville.

Funeral services for Mr. Denmark were May 15, 2002 in the First United Methodist Church in Starke with the Rev. Jerry Carris and the Rev. Dan Johnson conducting the services. Interment was in Crosby Lake Cemetery in Starke under the direction of Jones Funeral Home of Starke.

Note: I am of no relation, but my sympathies go out to those of you who are. This is here as a lasting memorial for Mr. Denmark.

Re: obit for S.G. Denmark

Jo Woodward (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2005 9:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Since the death of my mother, Lois Denmark Thomas, in Feb/1992, at age 81, I've lost contact with her family. It was a shock to find this obit for her brother, S. G..

It was good to learn my Mother's sister, Lucile, and her brother, J.E. (John Edward), and Aunt Erne are still living.

My thanks to Tigerlily for her thoughtfulness in posting Uncle S.G.'s obituary.

This family is in the line of Stephen Allen Denmark, born March/1820, Beaufort, SC, and his wife, Ellender Downing, born 11/Oct/1816. Both died in Bradford Co., Fl. Stephen Allen is buried in the Sapp Cemetery, Raiford; Ellender in Near Worthington Springs/ Both cemeteries are in Bradford Co..

Re: obit for S.G. Denmark

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Joan woodward...please e .mail me jdsanderson@cox.com

Joyce Denmark
per page

Find a board about a specific topic