Search for content in message boards

Vermont Osgoods

Vermont Osgoods

Amanda (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2001 3:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi - I am up at the Cabot Vermont Library playing on the web and I have been interested in Osgood history because.... Thomas Osgood and his son, were town clerk's here for about 60 years. I don't have any of the papers with me, but we have a real treasure trove of early Osgood/town papers, not so much family, although I believe someone in town has William Osgood's papers for his Rev. war activities. I'm sorry, I'm not an historian or "into" family research, but I am working with some local students to sort through these papers.

If you would like to know more, or can help us in anyway - please contact me directly at Palmandan@AOL.com, as I don't have good internet connections at home. We aren't interested in selling any of the papers, but we will be putting them up on the web eventually.

I would like any Osgood links for the Vermont line. The Osgood families were large and it gets pretty confusing. William Osgood was the first man buried in our town. I have a copy of his will. I believe his wife was Hepzidiah....

Amanda Legare in Cabot, Vermont...

Re: Vermont Osgoods

Posted: 24 May 2002 9:27AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2002 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: Osgood
Hi there ,

was reading message boards and noticed the Vermont Osgood"s i have an osgood in my family tree by marrage his name was Joshua Osgood i am going to copy down what i have perhaps someone can make sense of it,

Mabel B George born Woodbury VT 1871 married barre VT 1889 John R Smith born Switzerland 1863 son of Rudolph and Elizabeth (Jeins) Smith( wife number 2? )Barre VT Oct 24 1893 Bert Joshua Morse Born Walden VT 3/25.1870 Son of Joshua Osgood and Emily (Waldo) Morse
let me know if this makes any sence to anyone please, thanks Lisa (george) Conrad e-mail me at clvkconrad@aol.com

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 7:04PM GMT
My maiden name is Osgood. Most of my family is from Northern Vermont. I am working on my family tree and have gotten back to my 4th great grandfather his name was James P. Osgood from Maine or Canada.

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 6:36AM GMT
I have a James that was born in Maine. My grandmother was an Osgood. My last name is Williams and was born in VT.

Maude LeBlanc (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2003 10:56AM GMT
The James that I am looking for was born around 1832. He was married to (1)Almeda Eldridge and then (2)Belinda M. Luce. I believe James was born in Bangor, Augusta or New Yineyard.
Where in Vermont were you born? Most of my family is from Holland and Newport and then my generation was born in Central Vermont. Do you live in Vermont or still have family here.

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 7:12PM GMT
Hi Maude,
My mothers mother was Mabel Osgood Fortin. Her sisters and brothers were, Guy married to Harriett, George married to Maude, Celia Osgood Cammett, Margeret Osgood Shelton, and Grace.
I show that their parents were William Osgood born in 1872 and Eva Louise Worth. Then I go to Henry Osgood born in 1851 and married to Celia Garland born in 1853. Celia's parents I have as John Garland and Augusta Wyman. Henry's parents as James Osgood Married to Almeda Eldridge and then he married Belinda Luce born in 1843. Who's parents wereHiran Luce 1809 and Judith Furbush.
I have been told by my mother Muriel Fortin Williams that Guy Osgood had the family bible. So that now his sons ( probably spelled wrong) Waylan and Maylon now have it.
Thanks Kenneth Williams

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 7:17PM GMT
Maude,
The Osgood that I just sent you a message on live around Newport VT. I as born in East Corinth. my parents still live in Wells River VT., as well all my sisters and brother. I now live in Naples FL. E-MAIL williamsbirder@comcast.net
Ken

Brenda Rooney (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2004 7:11PM GMT
Looking for information on Osgoods in the Randolph, VT area:
Winfield b. 1874, Lulu b.1876, Guy C. b.1878, Grover C. b. 1884, Flossie Maude b. 1887, Harry Ray b ?, Bert/Birt b. 1896. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions