Search for content in message boards

SAMPUBCO?

SAMPUBCO?

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 5:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Has anyone used Sampubco for wills and other documents? I sent them a check months ago, and tried to follow up with emails, but so far no response.

Have I been scammed?

Re: SAMPUBCO?

Posted: 7 Sep 2009 3:08PM GMT
I haven't used them -- I checked on the Better Business Bureau site and they don't have a very good rating. Also, their business registration is currently expired (see Utah Department of Commerce site: https://secure.utah.gov/bes/action) The company's agent is listed there -- perhaps you could contact him?

Also, you may be able to file a complaint. See:
http://www.consumerprotection.utah.gov/complaints/index.html

Posted: 19 Sep 2009 7:35PM GMT
I just used them and for $7.00 got a copy of my ancestors will from 1895. It only took about 4 days after I paid with Paypal to get the zip file. I read all the instructions carefully and followed them, and it worked perfectly. I would definately use them again if I was lucky enough to find anything else useful.

Posted: 19 Sep 2009 10:23PM GMT
I used them to get a digital copy of my ancestors will from 1880. It took a few weeks after paying with Paypal. I know others who have used them, too. I would definitely use them again if they had anything else I wanted. I'm waiting for more coverage in my areas of research and I check back frequently.

I'm sorry you're having this problem but it's not a scam.

Posted: 18 Aug 2010 4:23PM GMT
Hello,

I sent Sampubco money via paypal about a month ago and still haven't received my document either. I was wondering if you ever got yours and if so, how long did it take? If you didn't get your document, what happened? Thanks

Posted: 18 Aug 2010 6:03PM GMT
I did get them.

It took a long time but they eventually came. Given all the less-than-friendly admonishments and rules on their website, I guess I shouldn't have expected speedier service, despite the high cost.

Hang in there....

Posted: 19 Aug 2010 1:47AM GMT
And I'm still waiting for 4 Cayuga, NY wills. I paid $48 via PayPal on June 30. I contacted him the first time and he said he was behind schedule due to a visiting nephew. I contacted him again and he said he thought he had everything done but he must have missed one and he would do it that night. NOT. Now I'm screwed because PayPal has a 45 day window for disputes. And I'm thinking that he's aware of that limit and he played me like a fiddle. For a few years now, I've hesitated using his service because of all the bizarre rules and instructions. I should have known to follow my first instincts.
Please let me know how you guys all make out with him.
Karen

Posted: 20 Aug 2010 8:07PM GMT
The last I knew mailorder companies have 30 days by law to get the stuff to you. This is a federal law and has been in effect for about 40 years.

according to the telephone book this is his home address.

W David Samuelsen
629 Harmony Ct
Salt Lake City, UT 84102-3446

dsam@sampubco.com

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 8:41AM GMT
He is copying these off of films that any of us can get through the Family History Centers.

I went to his site about 8 yrs ago and found the listing for an ancestor of mine. I then went to familysearch.org and found the films, one was an index. I then copied the will off of the film.

I don't think he is purposely delaying, I think he is truly very busy. He might be getting hundreds of requests each week.

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 4:23PM GMT
I just got a will from him. Took a little over a month and an Email inquiring if he had gotten the order but it was worth it. Found an ancestor that we had searched for for years. I think he mentions on his website that he is a one man band so things take a while. I also ordered two wills from him several years ago and got those too.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions