Search for content in message boards

PIGG's 1820 to NOW Hilham, Overton Co, TN

PIGG's 1820 to NOW Hilham, Overton Co, TN

Scoot (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2002 3:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pigg, Ayers, Maxwell, Eldridge more
Everyone's looked at the Overton Census 1830 to 1910... everyone has a PIGG entry. If you have kin that married into that line, you should contact me. If you have ancillary info about that surname, you "should" contact me. Even if you THINK you might have some info, you should contact me.
You'd expect no less from anyone with info RE: your surname.
Thanks in advance.
Scoot <BILLPAYER@prodigy.net>

Re: PIGG's 1820 to NOW Hilham, Overton Co, TN

Posted: 10 Feb 2002 11:34PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2002 12:51AM GMT
I have some Piggs and Eldridges in my line:
1. John Pigg md Betsy Jones in 1817 (no ch.) then later md. Elizabeth ? (b. 1804) and had 3 ch. Margaret (b. 1834,) Mary Ann (b. 1836) and Nancy (b. 1841.) Not sure, but Betsy and Elizabeth may be same person.
Mary Ann was the 2nd wife of my GG grandfather Barnet Langford. She died from complications due to childbirth in 1876. The child was Barney Langford Jr.
2. Milda Eldridge (b. 1855) md. John LAngford had ch. Myrtle (b. 1873.)
3. Mr. Eldridge (b. abt 1820) (md.abt 1840) ELizabeth LAngford (b. 1823) dtr. of R. W. Langford and NAncy Hardy.
Hope this helps somehow.
Carol

Scoot (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2002 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: PIGG
Thanks for the info... but there's nothing on where your bunch is from; where the data is from (most folks are brickwalled at 1850 due to the lack of info in 1840 census', yet, you have women's maiden names for folks BORN in 1804).
They're just names without connection to each other or (prima facie) to anything/anyone else.
If your bunch is connected to the subject line [PIGG's 1820 Hilham & Overton Co, Tn to NOW), I sure don't see it.
Thanks for kindly sharing though, it *IS* appreciated.

Posted: 17 Oct 2009 8:03PM GMT
I believe that I have information about Nancy Hardy that you reference. Please contact me at PATT6906@windstream.net.

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 4:20PM GMT
The Jones, Langfords, Phillips are all related to the Piggs through marriage. Elizabeth Jones md. John Pigg. The earliest date I have for him is b. 1802, from the 1840 census. 1850 census lists wife, Elizabeth, John is age 48, b. in NC. 1830 census: John Pig, living next to Joseph Jones. I have a marriage date of 1 Mar 1826 in Blount Co., TN. I've been researching the Phillips in that county, and have noted some of the Pigg names, though haven't searched diligently for them there. You may want to contact Mary Collins if you don't already know her, as she has done more on the Jones/Pigg lines than I have. Her email address (I don't know if still valid) is: mcollins(at)semo.net (change "at" to @)

The Phillips were from Old Orange/Rowan co. NC. I've done some extensive research there and only occasionally found a Pigg surname. The Jones, however, are from VA; but I believe they all knew each other in Blount co., TN. After Blount, the Phillips moved to White/Jackson counties before Overton, and you will find a few Pigg names there also. But if you ever find out where in NC the Piggs are from, I have a lot of NC sources that I can look through for them. I just hate to do that without a more specific location, as it is very time consuming, and the Piggs aren't necessarily a direct line for me though I am interested in their information because of their Jones/Phillips/Langford connection.

In any case, I would appreciate any info. you have on John Pigg/Betsy(Elizabeth) Jones. I have names/dates/marriages for their children if interested, most of which sources the Langford book by Virginia Hawkins Mabry. If you've never looked at that, it's a good starting point, as there are some mistakes, but a wealth of information considering when she published it.

Harold, I sent you an email in reply to another query and am very interested in discussing Nancy Hardy with you.

Best wishes,

Amy

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 4:22PM GMT
Oops, correction: The earliest DATE I have for him (John Pigg) is 1802 from the 1850 census.
--Amy

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: Bailey, Phillips
I saw that you have researched the Phillips of Overton Co. I am searching for Elizabeth Adline Phillips who married Solomon Bailey. Do you have any information on that?

Carolyn

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 2:10AM GMT
Hi Carolyn,

I don't have them in my direct line, but what are their dates and I'll check my Overton files.

Amy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions