Search for content in message boards

Blackberry Software

Blackberry Software

Posted: 6 Dec 2007 4:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Help! I love my Blackberry (I've tried Palms, Windows Mobile ...) EXCEPT for the fact I can find literally ZERO Genealogy software for it.

I like having this with me for those impromptu conversations with Great-Grandma. She needs a little data to get her rolling - and then I'd love to have someplace to put the information she comes up with.

Is anyone aware of anything at all? Even a GEDCOM reader would be a start. I used to use MyRoots on Palm ... that would be ideal.

Re: Blackberry Software

Posted: 14 Jan 2009 11:50PM GMT
I was wondering if anyone has found any good software for a Blackberry phone in the last year.

Posted: 15 Jan 2009 12:42AM GMT
Probably not a huge market for it.

Posted: 7 Feb 2009 3:49AM GMT
I would love to have a software for my curve.

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 6:54PM GMT
Yes, I would be very interested too if anyone hears of one.

For now though I just have "word to go" on my Blackberry and just add reports. It has a few draw backs though as you had to save to rtf format and then open in word and save as a word document, at least on my genealogy software.

Posted: 11 Jun 2009 11:41PM GMT
I actually asked about it for my iphone too. It's a shame if they can't do it.

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 4:29AM GMT
There's more likely to be something for the iPhone, actually. Prior to the Blackberry Storm, application developers only saw the potential for Blackberry in business apps.

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 4:32AM GMT
Hmmm ... it's an idea at least. It's been 2.5 years since my orginal question ... and no application.

I have discovered I can use Ancestry.com online trees though - via the "Bolt" browser that's in beta. Not bad at all. This is probably my answer.

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 6:37AM GMT
That's what I was hoping. I can navigate this site pretty well on my iphone, but the loading takes time. I was hoping they could come up with a slightly more compact interface that has quicker loading/searches. More like an app rather than a safari website.

Well...I can dream.

Posted: 13 Jun 2009 3:13AM GMT
I was thinking about this today ... an app would also eat the batteries less.

Don't worry, the iPhone is hot - you'll get an app before I do.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic