Search for content in message boards

"Wood Family Index"

"Wood Family Index"

Gary Seamans (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2000 9:15AM GMT

To anyone with access to John Sumner Wood's "Wood Family Index" (1966): Andrew Wood (#35) on page 37 is listed as the son of Abraham (#9),
and the father of Mary (#77). Could anyone look up Abraham (#9) and any earlier generations, as well as Mary (#77)? Any help would be greatly
sppreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gary Seamans

Wood Family Index

Posted: 10 Jun 2000 9:01AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:22AM GMT
I have found the Wood Family Index in a genealogy section of a library in the Kansas City, MO, and I would think most larger cities would also have one. I don't live there, but visit from time to time. I am a descendent of Abner Wood and Rebecca Campbell. Abner is listed twice in the Index, both with different ancestors, so DO remember that the Index isn't documented. It has been so hard to trace my line because the Index is widely distributed and quoted from often. Good luck. Phyllis Zachow zpz87@hotmail.com

WOOD OR WOODS OF THE BAHAMAS/BARBADOS/TURKS ISLAND

NATHALIE WOOD (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2000 6:16PM GMT
HELLO AL. SORRY I COULDN'T REACH YOU MUCH SOONER. MAYBE YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO ASSIST ME WITH MY FAMILY TREE. I ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW IF THE WOOD FAMILY IN THE US IS RELATED TO THE CARIBBEAN WOOD. DID THEY INTENTIONALLY ADD AN S/AT/AST TO THEIR NAME? MAIL ME AT EMERGENCY ADMISSION, P.O. BOX N-3018, NASSAU BAHAMAS.

Re: "Wood Family Index"

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 5:34AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Wood
Hi Gary,

Abraham(9) son of Barnard (1) & Sarah (Harrington); b. 175-, d. 1831, bef. May 14; of Scitnate, R.I., 1790, 1-1-2 M. 178-, Susanna, d. bef. May 19 1853; Am. Rev. War; Children: Andrew (35); Nehemiah (12); Elizabeth (226); Susan (98); Marcelia (1)

Barnard (1) son of William (24) & Keziah (Martin); B. 1724, Aug. 16; D. 1809, Mar 20-29; Of Scituate, R.I., 1790, 1-0-1; Blacksmith; M. 1743, Feb. 17, Sarah Herrington; M. (2), 17--, Sarah, Living, 1809; Ch: Ezekiel (10); Amos(31); Barnard (2); Abraham (9); Thomas (170)

William (24) Son of Thomas (22) & Hannah (Rider); B. 1693, Jan. 15; D. 1766, Jan. 14; Of Swansea, Mass. - Warren & Scituate, R.I. (Land & Prob. Rec.); M. 1716, int, Feb. 8, Keziah Martin, b. 1697, Sept.1, d. 1753-55, prob., Dau. of Melatiah & Patience (Brooks) Martin; Ch: William (25); Hannah (32); Keziah (4); Barnard (1); Patience (12); Joseph (23); Benj. (16);Elizabeth (7); Anne (18); Mary (72)

Let me know if you need Thomas (22)

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
What I have on Abraham Wood: from Abstracts of Rev War Pension files -- soldier was b 25 Dec 1759 at Montgomery in what was then Ulster Co NY but later became Orange Co NY. He lived at Shawangunk in Ulster Co when he enlisted and after the Rev he returned to Montgomery. He was living there when he applied 15 Feb 1833. Soldier referred to the daughter of his oldest bro having his father's family Bible (the niece was married to Robert Crowell).

Abraham Wood and Phoebe Erwink were married 4 July 1781 at the Presbyterian Church at Good Will, Orange Co, NY.

Abraham Wood b 1759 in Montgomery, Ulster Co, NY. Died in Montgomery, buried at the Berea Cemetery in Montgomery.

Phyllis Zachow
zpz30@tampabay.rr.com

Posted: 15 Jun 2010 8:53PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
Hi Phillis,

I have found some mistakes in the book, but most often information is just missing. The info in my post is verbatum from the book, notice that some of the data is missing and that Sumner lists location but does not spec., that was the place of birth.
I am a descendant of Abner & Rebecca (Davis) Wood. I'm curious about your Abner's two different lineages, what number is your Abner?

Posted: 5 Aug 2010 2:20PM GMT
Gary -- I don't have any info on your line, but have done extensive research on the early Wood families around the time of the Rev War.

Regarding the Wood Family Index, don't take it as gospel. However, it's a place to start. I descend from Abner Wood, b 1765, who is found in two places, each with different parents.

The census records should be fairly accurate, but not always. How about land records? Early history for the town they lived in?

Phyllis

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 4:45PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Randall, Seamans
I hope you get this message because I can give you the info that you need on Andrew Wood; daughter Mary Ann Wood Randall.

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 5:19PM GMT
Phyllis,
Do you have anything on a Puckett Wood b. abt 1794 or 1795
He fought in the rev war....do you have any info on his siblings or who his parents were?
Thanks, Patsy Wood Bain from AR.

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 7:03PM GMT
Do you have the parents of Andrew? His date of birth, siblings, etc.

Phyllis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions