Search for content in message boards

Family of Henry and Mary Emily (Horton) Francisco

Family of Henry and Mary Emily (Horton) Francisco

Posted: 3 Oct 2008 1:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Francisco, Horton, Gove, Davis, Harvey, Symmes
I am attempting to trace the descendants of Henry and Mary Emily (HORTON) Francisco. The two appear in the 1850 US Census for Oakland, Jefferson Co., WI with Henry heading a household containing a curious mix of family and hired farmhands. The couple had eight children...five of whom were born in New York and three in Wisconsin. As far as I have been able to determine, they were:

1. Theressa P. Francisco, born circa 1846 in NY
2. Henry A. Francisco, born circa 1838 in NY, married Seldina ?, daughter Neenah Francisco, son Henry J. Francisco, living in Iowa in 1870 and 1880.
3. Newton Oscar Francisco, born 16 October, 1840 in Oneida Co., NY, married Marcella GOVE 20 February, 1862 in Delavan, Walworth Co., WI, died 18 February, 1932 in Delavan, one daughter, Mary Alice Francisco, who never married.
4. Mary Emily Francisco, born circa 1841 in Nre York, married Owen DAVIS (1837-1917) circa 1865, three children named Carlis, Rosie and Daisy Davis, living in Todd Co., MN in 1880 and 1900.
5. John J. Francisco, born circa 1843 in NY, married Mary ?, children Maud Francisco and Roy Francisco, borth of whom were born in Iowa.
6. Charles Francis "Frank" Francisco, born 2 September, 1845 at Kochkonong, Jefferson Co., WI, married Mary Evelyn "Eve" HARVEY circa 1872, son Louis Francisco and twin daughters Maude Buttercup Francisco (married Lewis Merrill SYMMES) and Mable Rose Francisco.
7. Erastus H. Francisco, born circa 1848 in Wisconsin, married Maggie ? October, 1869, 1870 living in Crawford Co., IA.
8. Samuel Clayton Francisco, born September, 1853 in Wisconsin, married 1. Unknown, 2. Fanny ?, daughter Marcella, also a second living child of unknown sex.

Mary Emily Horton Francisco died just short of her 100th birthday on 20 March, 1911 at Villard Twp., Todd CO., MN. Both she and her husband (who predeceased her on 13 April, 1865 at the age of 54) are buried in Rock Lake Cemetery, Lake Mills, Jefferson Co., WI.

Members of this line are descended from Revolutionary War veteran, Levi Francisco and his first wife, Sarah VAN DER COOK.

Re: Family of Henry and Mary Emily (Horton) Francisco

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 5:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am interested in talking to you. You posted it so long ago that I don't know if you are still interested. I will wait until you contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic