Search for content in message boards

longcroft-neal's

longcroft-neal's

beasley (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2003 1:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jan 2004 9:37PM GMT
Surnames: neal
I have information on the origination of the name Longcroft-Neal.
As there seems to be a predominance of females in the family their are very few Longcroft-Neals about. My brother has two sons John and Hugh Longcroft-Neal they are the only two I know that can jeep the name going.
Previous generation there was Wilfred with a son Ronald who emigrated to Australia/New Zealand in the 1970's
Back another generation there were (males)
Thomas Longcroft-Neal born 1875 in Aston manor Birmingham.
Herbert Longcrot-Neal born 1879 in Hackney London but married in Aston Birm.in 1911
Charles Longcroft-Neal (my grandfather) born in Romford & married Ann Dicken in Derby 1908.
Walter Richard Longcroft-Neal born in Leamington Priors (now Leamington Spa) 1888 married Mary Harper in Aston Birm. 1916.
Charles and Walter were bakers in Coventry and Daventry.
Previous generation (males)
Thomas Longcroft-Neal my(Ggrandfather) born 1852 in Yeovil married Georgina Brown from Coventry in 1872 (her father was a baker)
Richard Longcroft-Neal born 1855 in Yeovil.
Charles Longcroft-neal born 1857 in Yeovil married in 1883 in Aston Birm.
Arthur Longcroft-Neal born in 1856 in London and married Mary A.E. Harbourne in 1885 in Aston Birm. (I hope you're reading this Gary Ballinger) any info please e-mail me.

Re: longcroft-neal's

Posted: 24 Feb 2009 8:21AM GMT
My Grandmothers maiden name was Elizabeth Longcroft-Neal.
She lived in Birmingham until her death @1960.
I was only a child at the time (8 yrs old).
I now live in Australia although my sister lives in London.
I believe she was around 74 at time of death.
I have old photos of a baby name Michael Longroft-Neal although I am not sure who he is.
My name is Michael Longcroft-Harmer.

cheers Mike

Posted: 27 Feb 2009 2:48PM GMT
Hi Mike
So pleased to hear from you. Could you give me more information about Elizabeth 1886 - 1960 I can't find her in the tree. Who were her parents? Longcroft- Neal is a unique family name especially the Longcroft bit. So I have no doubt that it is my family. The picture of the baby I think is my cousin Michael Longcroft-Neal born 13 September 1945.I would love to see it and confirm if I am right. My email address is joyce.beasley@ntlworld.com
I have lots of stories and photos I could share with you.
The family trades were bakers and boxmakers. The Longcrofts were solicitors. The Neals came from Leicester and the Longcrofts came from Havant near Portsmouth.

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 12:08AM GMT
I have been going down the lines from Longcroft-Harfy and hope I have tracked down more of the variations in transcription. Surely one of the hardest names I have come across for spelling variations.
I have also found more about Mary Harfy's line and a fascinating link back to aprox 1600. I have uploaded the national archives refs where available.
I also spotted the wonderful YouTube video posted by Joyce's brother.

my tree is Sutton Rapkin Werret and public... and Joyce - we are something like 7th cousin 1x removed.

All the best

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 4:07PM GMT
Have found Alice Elizabeth Longcroft Neal marriage to William Ernest Andrews (marriage has Elizabeth first), then 2nd marriage to George Thomas Randall. There is a Thomas David Andrews & Thomas David Harmer bn 1918 West Ham - with four different birth records same year = West Ham.

Probate of Alice Elizabeth Longcroft Randall at 24 Summer Rd Erdington Birmingham - to husband and Thomas David Harmer. Also found all three together in Hammersmith 1939.

I suspect this is your Grandmother - in which case she was sister to Charles Longcroft Neal, aunt to the other submitters Walter Reginald Longcroft Neal and parents Thomas Longcroft and Georgiana Brown.

Suspect you have already got here by now.

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 8:53PM GMT
Hi Damarisk1

thank you very much for the info.

yes she was my grandmother. No I have'nt managed to get the info, so this is wonderful.

Any other info is greatly appreciated.

cheers Mike

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 1:15AM GMT
Hi Mike
I have finished what I can of my Longcroft research from an on-line perspective (350 of them if we include the Longcroft-neal, longcroft Allen, longcroft rich and longcroft longcrofts.
My family tree on Ancestry is public Sutton Pigache Rapkin Werrett Tree. So feel free to browse.

All the best
Damaris

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 8:53AM GMT
Hi Damaris

Thank you again for all the help, really appreciated.

cheers Mike

Posted: 7 Jul 2014 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Longcroft Neal, Morrison, Kelly, Brown
Hello,

Good day….

My name is Tracy, daughter of Thomas Longcroft Neal born in 1946. He is the son of Thomas Longcroft Neal born in 1910 in Edinburg, Scotland (married to Mildred Morrison), and the grandson of Thomas Longcroft Neal born in 1875 in Ashton, England, (married to Isabella Kelly). From my research, I have been able to determine that there is a 4th Thomas Longcroft Neal born in 1852 in Yeovil, England, (married to Georgiana Brown).

I caught the genealogy bug many years ago before my mom died, but we were unable to make much progress on the Neal family. I have been in full time college since 2007 working on 2 Associates, while working full time. I just graduated a few weeks ago with a Bachelors Degree, so now I have some free time to spend working on my family history now that school is done.

If anyone were willing to offer any information on the family, it would be appreciated, as I have not found very much info so far. I am willing to share what I have, although there is not much information. Feel free to contact me at neal_familyhistory@yahoo.com.

Thank you in advance for any information that you are willing to provide. I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Tracy Neal
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions