Search for content in message boards

Re: default opening Tree page

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 4:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
You can set your own default opening page by bookmarking the page in your browser, or putting the URL in 'my favorites.

Posted: 1 Mar 2011 11:53PM GMT
To Frostfree--yes, I was forced to do that when everything changed with the last big roll out. However, that should not be necessary that we have to set up our computers to deal with what someone at Ancestry things we should do. Prior to the big roll out last month, that was not necessary. It aggravates me.

Posted: 2 Mar 2011 2:49PM GMT
I agree. I know it keeps track of the last person viewed because it lists that in the Tree Overview and in the "find person" drop down menu. You should be able to choose your settings. I'd like the option to choose what shows up when a tree is first selected, such as: Pedigree/Family Group Sheet, Tree Overview (which I think used to be the default), Last Viewed Person, List of all people.

I know you can click the Tree Pages menu or the find person drop down menu once you've selected the tree, but it just seems more user-friendly to allow people to set this preference.

Posted: 2 Mar 2011 7:23PM GMT
"User friendly" is the key element that ACOM seems to overlook when it rolls out an *improvement.* :[

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 3:28AM GMT
Hi there,
I'm trying to correct a problem that I believe was created when Ancestry.com was making changes to the pictures on folk's trees.I know that people "lost" pictures for awhile but I have another problem.
The usual picture format of 24 pictures per page on the Media Gallery setting..that's what I and many others have had for years..BUT my format has been changed and I can't seem to get anyone at Ancestry to correct the problem.
I now have a situation where I have to scroll down to see all 24 photos.....they are one photo per line so you have to scroll down to see all 24 of them!!
When I called Ancestry today..they suggested the problem was with my computer but I don't think it is..
Can anyone suggest what I might try?
I plan to phone Ancestry at their American phone number rather than the Canadian one and hope they can help me!
Thanks,
Elaine

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 1:49AM GMT
I just checked my Media Gallery. It is displaying 24 per page. Windows 7, Monitor resolution is 1400x900 on a LCD wide screen monitor. Shows the same in both IE10 and Chrome.

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 1:56AM GMT
ginglish1
eglanglois posted the same complaint on multiple boards - at least 4 by my count. We attempted to assist her.

Eventually she realized that the problem was an outdated Adobe installation. Once she updated, the display on her computer was the same of the rest of the world. IOW, the problem was - SHOCK - not from ancestry.

Sadly, since she posted her complaint on multiple boards and only deleted/responded on a portion of those, others will continue to try to assist her with her imagined problem.

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 2:25AM GMT
Ok thanks.

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 3:59AM GMT
I can't edit my original post.
The problem was I needed to upgrade Adobe after Ancestry updated the media gallery on my family tree.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.Problem is now solved!
Elaine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions