Search for content in message boards

Wolf Kaplan

Wolf Kaplan

Posted: 9 Apr 2014 7:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
After looking through paperwork, I dont think the Wolf Kaplan you found is the right one.
He came from Kovno and my family were from Shavel and the two places are not near each other.
I think his wife must be Jenny (although that is the name of his sister in law) but she would not be his next of kin.
So George and Silva would not be their children.
Back to the drawing board.

Re: Wolf Kaplan

Posted: 11 Apr 2014 7:48PM GMT
Who else would have the same exact dob? Is it his handwriting on the petition? same as draft record handwriting? sometimes a corruption of info given....

unfortunately no info on death report of george . gives middle name as Eli.

Re: Wolf Kaplan signatures the same

Posted: 14 Apr 2014 3:36PM GMT
I compared the wwI and decaration and petition handwriting of the signature and they are the same.

I believe they are the same person unless you can find evidence to the contrary.

maybe an error but try using Jennie instead as wife.census takers get info wherever they can or make it up. For now don't worry abt shavel vs kovel. can sound similar to the uninformed.

btw did you read all the fascinating history of shavel lithuania under a googlesearch?(Siauliai or shavli.)
chag pesach sameach

Re: Wolf Kaplan wwII draft card same person of "shawel"

Posted: 15 Apr 2014 9:45PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2014 9:46PM GMT
U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Wolf Kaplan Name: Wolf Kaplan same handwriting as the wwI and petition and declaration
Birth Date: 19 Jul 1890
Birth Place: Schawel, Russia ********
Residence: Kings, New York wife: Jennie
Race: White

Source Citation: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.; State Headquarters: New York.

Source Information:

Ancestry.com. U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010.
Original data:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions