Search for content in message boards

JOHN B. POTTER / POLLY ANN VAN WINKLE

JOHN B. POTTER / POLLY ANN VAN WINKLE

Posted: 2 Feb 2002 7:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jan 2005 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: JOHN B. POTTER / POLLY ANN VAN WINKLE
JOHN B. POTTER AND POLLY ANN VAN WINKLE 1880 COLEMAN COUNTY TEXAS CENSUS . MY GGRANDMA DEIDRA POTTER ( THERE DAUGHTER ) BORN ABT. 1863 AND HUSBAND HENRY F. STARR ( BORN ABT.1849 . ANY INFORMATION ON THIS LINE , I HAVE SOME INFORMATION IN OLD LETTER AND BIBLE . THANKYOU

Re: JOHN B. POTTER / POLLY ANN VAN WINKLE

Posted: 12 Apr 2003 10:56PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2005 2:47AM GMT
I'm a different branch of the same "tree". My great
grandfather was William Riley Potter borther of DeIda.
Would like to exchange info as I have nothing on your
branch at all. I have some photos and info on part of
the siblings. e-mail me.

Posted: 14 Apr 2003 8:26PM GMT
To : Elaine Watson Please respond to me at MarianFisher34@aol.com. I think we have talked before . I have not been doing Family Tree for about a year but will be able to get back to that soon .I have Deita Ora Ida Potter is that incorrect ? That would be my GGrandma. Marian Fisher

Betty Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2004 2:54PM GMT
Elaine, I just read your message. What is your e-mail address?

I will be glad to share everything about my side of the family

Betty

mary anne (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2004 1:32AM GMT
I have been looking for info on this family. My gggrandmother is Mary Jane (Janey) Potter, their daughter. I have a photo of Deida Potters son and family. Can't go farther on the Van Winkle side. Help!

Posted: 28 Dec 2004 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: John B. Potter
Mary Anne, Welcome to the family . Got your message would like to contact you as soon as possible. I am in Seattle area . E-mail ...... Me at ....marianfisher 34@aol.com

Posted: 12 Apr 2005 12:32AM GMT
Was your Wm Riley Potter in Hill Co Tx at any time? I am looking for a Wm Riley who married a Callie Sanders abt 1901. She died shortly after they married.

Marian Fisher (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2005 1:11AM GMT
Annie , I ma not sure , but I know they were in Texas alot . I am still doing research on that . Marian Fisher Seattle .

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 5:19AM GMT
Surnames: Potter, Asher, Scroggins
As far as I know, I'm descended from John and Polly as well. Their daughter, Narcissus, is my 3rd great grandma. I have a picture of her up on my Ancestry tree. I think there is some facial resemblance to the photo of her brother William Riley Potter that Elaine Watson uploaded to FindAGrave.

I've heard a lot about Native American ancestry in this line. Narcissus was called "Wassie" and it's rumored that her English wasn't perfect. Another note was that she raised her four grandsons after their mother became mentally ill (there is a bigger story that goes along with that).

How is everyone's research going?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic