Search for content in message boards

Michael J. Doyle

Michael J. Doyle

Michael Doyle Miller (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Doyle, Byrne
New info researched at the Wicklow History Center reveals Michael J. Doyle's parents may have been John Doyle and Betty Byrne who were from a parish on the Carlow/Wicklow County border, Clonmore. There were three other siblings. Exact data is on its way from the research center. Any matches with Doyles from that area please contact mmiller@the-box-office.com
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2002 1:24AM GMT
Surnames: DOYLE, BYRNE
Hello Michael Doyle Miller, My grandmother,Bridget Doyle,
father: Michael Doyle mother: Elizabeth ? may be the Doyles I am researching. They lived in Clonmore Parish.What dates do you have for Michael? I would appreciate it very much,if you will share the information you receive from Ireland. Thank you, Jackie

Byrne/Doyle

Pat Byrne Winthrop (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Byrne
My Grandfather, Thomas Byrne, had siblings named Michael, james, Bridgetand Mary. Bridget married a Doyle and had 17 children. Any of this sound familiar? Sheila Doyle Dunne was one of the 17 children and still resides in Ireland.
Posted: 12 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DOYLE, BYRNE
Hello Pat, Your response is very interesting. My GGrandmother was BRIDGET DOYLE. She was born in 1820 to MICHAEL and Elizabeth (?).They lived in Clonmore Parish,and there were a lot of BYRNES in that area. Do you have dates and locality for your people? If they are from the same Parish,I would say they are related. Thank you very much for the information. Jackie
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DOYLE, O'CONNOR
Paula, do you know the parish your DOYLE'S are from? My great grandmother was BRIDGET DOYLE. She was born in CLONMORE PARISH, 1820. She married JOHN O'CONNOR ABOUT 1843. Her parents were MICHAEL DOYLE and ELIZABETH ? .
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2002 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: DOYLE, FOX
My grandfather, Francis Patrick Doyle was born in Carlow Ireland on July 12, 1869 to David Doyle and Bridget Fox Doyle. My grandfather was in the U S Navy from 1904 to 1908, settled in Marion Center, Pennsylvania in ? and married my grandmother, Minnie Belle (Swartz) McAfoos on September 7, 1920. My father, Thomas Francis Doyle was born on October 13, 1922. I am searching for information on my grandfather's family. I have no birthdates for David Doyle or Bridget Fox Doyle.

Posted: 24 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2002 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Doyle, Fox
No I don't know what parrish, I have a note from his Reverand Father sent to him, but I can't make out his name. My grandfather, Francis Patrick Doyle, parents were David Doyle and Bridget (Fox) Doyle.

BYRNE in Carlow

Posted: 14 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2003 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: BYRNE
I have some Byrne ancestors from Co. Carlow also. Some of the siblings in their family share some of the Given names seen in your posting. Here is some more information.

BYRNE Family & Friends Inquiry Letter
Edward John Byrne Sr. b. abt . 1865 in Bagnelstown, Co. Carlow. One son was Edward John Byrne, Jr b. abt 1885 in Bagnelstown, Co. Carlow.
I would like to Exchange information with other individuals who share the BYRNE surname and may be related to us.
My Great Grandfather Edward John Byrne, Sr. and his wife Ann were both born in Co.Carlow, abt. 1865.My Mother said that he was a railroad man in Ireland, as was his son Edward Jr, in the US. Some of the other siblings were rumored to have left Ireland, and at least one other, (that my mother remembered in Chicago, IL) besides Edward Jr, her father did come to the US.
Edward John, Jr came to the US about 1912-1915 and in 1916 married my Grandmother Joanna (Julia) GRACE in Chicago, IL USA. Joanna was from Co. Kilkenny, Ireland.
Descendants of Edward J. Byrne
1 Edward John Byrne Sr. b. abt 1865 Co. Carlow, Ireland
.. +Ann 1865 -
... 2 Edward John Byrne Jr. 1885 - 1942
....... +Joanna (Julia) Margaret Grace 1889 - 1963
........ 3 Elizabeth Ann Byrne 1918 -
............ +Walter Desmond Kaemerer 1916 - 1984
........ 3 Edward John Byrne (3rd) 1920 - 1969
............ +Eleanor Osburn 1925 -
... 2 Charles Byrne
... 2 Bridgette Byrne
... 2 James Byrne
... 2 Thomas Byrne
Grandfather Edward J. Byrne and his sister Bridgette, were Irish Folk dancers, and participated in many competitions in Ireland. Nothing further is known about Charles, Bridgette, James or Thomas. One or two may have gone to the US also, as my Mother talked about one of them, but she is not sure which one. It is unknown if any others in Our Byrne family left Ireland, but there must have been others.
Sincerely,Joe
Joseph Kaemerer
P.O. Box 7227 Lincoln Acres, CA 91947
Alternate Email:
Towjoe42@juno.com
Towjoe42@yahoo.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions