Search for content in message boards

Kidds

Kidds

Brenda Kidd (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2004 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kidd
I am looking for any information on William Campbell Kidd born in Nelosn Co, Va. He could have had brothers by these names; Abner, Hudson Pleasent, Alexander & Isaac Campbell Kidd from the 1700 era. Some of them could have been born in Amherst ,Va. Any info would be appreciated

Re: Kidds

Howard Barker (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2004 3:52AM GMT
The info I have on William Cambell Kidd is as follows:
He was the son of William Kidd b. abt. 1760 in N.C. and Keziah unknown. Wm. Cambell was born in 1786. He married Lucy Hamlet 17 Oct 1811.His brothers were John who married S. Saunders on 12 Jul 1813, Abner W.
b. 1784, Hudson Pleasant b. 1788 d. 1843 in Nelson Co., he married Lucy Wright, Robert Nelson Sr. b. abt 1791 d. 1859 he married Agnes Willoughby on 9 Jul 1816, Alexander b. 1792 d. 17 Mar 1870 he married Charity Willoughby on 29 Oct 1818 and Issac Campbell. My line is thru Robert Nelson Kidd Sr. whose daughter Pamela B. married Richard Andrew White. If you have any info on them I would appreciate it.

Brenda Kidd (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2004 2:52PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Kidd, Adkins
Thanks for the info. Do you have John & Ruth Adkins Kidd as William Kidd's parents, born1760 in North Carolina. Lorene Smith from the Hudson Pleasant Kidd line says she thinks they were his parents, Could you please confirm.

Howard Barker (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2004 12:08AM GMT
Here is what I have. Don't remember where I got it from right off hand. The parents of William Kidd are:
John Kidd was born 27 Feb1707/1708 in Middlesex Co. VA. He died in 1785 in Albermarle Co. VA. John's will was probated in Albermarle Co. John married Ruth Atkinson Parish daughter of Henry Parish and Miss Atkinson about 1733 in Goochland Co. VA. Ruth as born about 1715 in Goochland Co. VA.

Re: Kiddsof Nelson County.

Posted: 21 Jul 2004 3:47PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2005 8:17PM GMT
Howard
i am your cousin on the Kidd side my grandmother is the granddoughter of

James Blaine Kidd whose father was James W.T. Kidd and
Nancy S. Phillips
James W. T. Kidd's parents were Wilson P.Kidd and Eleanor F.(Farrer) Powell and Wilson's parents were Robert Nelson Kidd and Angnes Willoughby nad Robert's parents were William Kidd and Keziah(belives to be Cherokee Indian)

my grand mother as i said is James Blaine Kidd's granddaughter her name is Juanita H. Phillips
and her daughter is Dawn Marie Phillips Bryan and i am Dawn's daughter Diane Catherine Gibson Maury (cathy is my nick name) please send me any in fo you have on the Kidd
family to my e-mail address

at lonewolfskittycat@yahoo.com

it would be much aprecatiated
Thanks so much
Your Cousin Cathy Maury

Re: Kiddsof Nelson County.

Brenda Kidd (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2004 10:28PM GMT
Cathy, my husband is from the line of William C. Kidd, Do you have him as one of Robert N. brothers. Do you have any thing in writing on Keziah being an indian. Do you know where they were from? I would be interested in learning more about your line.

Re: Kidds of Nelson County.

Posted: 21 Jul 2004 11:24PM GMT
Brenda
The only thing I have on Keziah came from another cousin
that lives in Harrisonburg Va her name is Linda Kidd
she is the gggggrandfather Jonathan James Kidd who is the Brother to William Kidd that is how I got what Ihave got so far and from what you and Howard have posted to the message boards I would love to know more if I can we don't have to much on that side of the family execpt that the family cematery is still on the Kidd home place at Shipman Va.
we would love to beable to find out as much as we can on granddaddy's family James Blaine Kidd married Essie Lillian Wray from Schuyler we have more info on the Wray side of the family than we have on the Kidd's I also know that granddaddy Kidd's brother moved his family to Lynchburg Va. so that's how some of that fits in hope this helps the brother's name was Hammilton Kidd (but they called him Big Hamm Kidd)
you can e-mail me at
lonewolfskittycat@yahoo.com
maybe we can get together more family info
Cathy Maury

Posted: 31 Aug 2004 5:50PM GMT
I am related through Charles William Kidd (born 1848) died October 4, 1932. I'd like to find out more on this Kidd line also.

Renee'

Posted: 1 Sep 2004 1:44PM GMT
If anyone wants to know more about the James Blaine Kidd line of the Robert Nelson Kidd Family please contact me at this e-mail address
lonewolfskittycat@yahoo.com
and i will help if i can
as i am James Blaine Kidd's gggranddaughter
my grand mother is his granddaughter and she is in bad health so we are tring to gather as much info on that side of the family before she passes away
Thanks
Cathy Maury

Brenda Kidd (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2004 10:03PM GMT
Cathy, Would love to have all his family's information that you care to share, as he is in our Kidd line also. Do you know the begining of our Kidd line coming into America? Did it start with Captain Kidd the pirate. Would love any history that goes with it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic